Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By izmael Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:39 pm
Hi everyone, if you're interested in the subject, please check out the project website: http://vmpc.kernelbug.org

I'll also try to monitor this thread.

Long story short: vMPC is an MPC2000XL emulator, currently in testing/beta phase. Standalone and VST for Windows x64 ready for download. OSX versions coming up soon.

Any feedback is welcome :)
By JUKE 179r Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:52 am
Cheers!
By mr_debauch Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm
it runs on windows 10... just installed and clicked around... it's got some bugs but might be neat when that is sorted out.
By richie Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:08 am
Is it possible to get a pad upgrade for this? I prefer using black pads.
By izmael Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:04 am
mr_debauch wrote:it runs on windows 10... just installed and clicked around... it's got some bugs but might be neat when that is sorted out.

Cool you got it running! Feel free to give me more info on the bugs so I can work on them.
By mr_debauch Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:12 pm
izmael wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:it runs on windows 10... just installed and clicked around... it's got some bugs but might be neat when that is sorted out.

Cool you got it running! Feel free to give me more info on the bugs so I can work on them.

well I was mousing around.. sometimes clicking play doesn't work, but sometimes it does do something... it brings up a window that says record and the red light turns on.

the note variation slider is all odd when dragging it with the mouse... it goes to the top and beams back to the bottom if you keep dragging upwards. the animation looks bad when that happens too...

the jog wheel animation looks great but the function is a bit jumpy. it is a good thing when you get to sequence 99 it goes back to 01... because the glitchyness of mousing it around would make it hard to get all the way back to sequence 01 when it beams it's way to 99 without intending on it.

I didn't play with it for more than a minute... i actually spent more time writing this comment... I have not figured out how to do shift+number keys yet with the single cursor the mouse provides...
By izmael Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:39 am
Cheers for that mr_debauch.

You're totally right, so far I've focused on controlling vMPC by keyboard, so this is definitely a good time to start working more on mouse control. I'm aware of the slider bugs, so I'll try to fix that soon as well.

What kind of mouse or trackpad are you using?

To anyone reading this, I encourage to use keyboard control. Here's the mappings/shortcuts: http://vmpc.kernelbug.org/keyboard.txt

Using the keyboard, vMPC is fairly stable and functional on my computers.
By izmael Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:42 pm
Slider issue is now fixed. You can use the slider to change St/End/Loop to in TRIM/LOOP screens. If you get MIDI input to work, any controller should work as a slider controller. The NOTE VAR feature doesn't work yet.
By izmael Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:58 pm
Found a bug in the OSX version (thanks to MPC_Tutor) which made it impossible to run if your username wasn't izmael. Fixed that now.