Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By aeko Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 pm
I saw the post by JUKE 179r about him liking the screen. Anyone else buy one and like it too? Any problems after owning it for a while? Are there better alternatives than the MPCStuff screen? (guessing not).

I'd like to do the jumper inversion of the screen colours part too. Anyone had success with that?

Thanks!
By JUKE 179r Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:00 pm
MPC-Stuff is the only company that has functioning MPC2000 / XL blue screens being sold. You can invert their blue screen to make it a white screen with a simple jumper connection.
You can chance it and buy the original MPC screens which will possibly end up with lines depending on how the previous owner took care of the screen.
I'm about to purchase my 4th blue screen for a clients MPC2000XL.
By MrDismal Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:49 am
Here's my opinion after buying one and using it for a good few months.
It looks dope!!!!!

the only thing that sucks about it is that sometimes the screen does not update if you click a button. At first I though it was my buttons on my MPC 2kXL starting to go, but then I realised it was the screen not updating.

It happen quite a lot and I guess I'm just getting used to it now.. still works, but yeah.. kinda shit that happens.

I messaged the cat from MPC Stuff and showed him a video of it, he said it was the technology in the screen being too advanced for the mpc or some sh1t.
Basically told me they already knew about the issue with them.

He offered a refund, but I kept it.... I'm a little annoyed it wasn't actually listed on the website before I bought it. But whatever. I'm not gonna kick up a fuss about it.
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:24 pm
MrDismal wrote:Here's my opinion after buying one and using it for a good few months.
It looks dope!!!!!

the only thing that sucks about it is that sometimes the screen does not update if you click a button. At first I though it was my buttons on my MPC 2kXL starting to go, but then I realised it was the screen not updating.

It happen quite a lot and I guess I'm just getting used to it now.. still works, but yeah.. kinda shit that happens.

I messaged the cat from MPC Stuff and showed him a video of it, he said it was the technology in the screen being too advanced for the mpc or some sh1t.

He offered a refund, but I kept it.... I'm a little annoyed it wasn't actually listed on the website before I bought it. But whatever. I'm not gonna kick up a fuss about it.

but is that the new screens they have now or the first ones they re-issued?
By distortedtekno Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:04 pm
Damn.... Glad I cancelled my order last year. It would've been a huge mistake if I sold my perfectly good stock display and ended up with this issue. I hope Mike is able to correct the problem soon and also have different colors available.
By richie Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:42 pm
So just to confirm, the mpc-stuff version still has bugs in it then or did dismal want to save a million dollars by not mailing it from Australia back to the states to get it updated?
By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:45 pm
MrDismal wrote:Here's my opinion after buying one and using it for a good few months.
It looks dope!!!!!

I'll have to agree with MrDismal about sometimes getting a slight lag in response on the screen.
I really notice this while in the 2000XL's Load screen and switching between SCSI ID's internal CF card reader to the internal hard drive. The blue screen responds so fast that I get a half screen of the hard drive info and half of the card reader info.
To correct this I have to back dial the jog wheel from one SCSI ID and then forward to the next SCSI ID then all the info shows up for the internal hard drive. Not too much of a pain but I get used to it.

Is the there lag issue? Yes... but slightly on the newer v2 screens. Using new technology on old technology...
Is it bad enough to not buy the screen? IMHO... No. I've had clients with some shitty stock screens that had so many lines it rendered the MPC2000XL useless.
These MPC-Stuff screens are welcomed since they are keeping the MPC2000/XL future proof.
By MrDismal Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:27 am
Yeah I agree. It was just a little bit of a let-down for me since I'm a perfectionist and wanted it to work perfectly haha.
Can you get used to the lag issues? Yes, takes a little bit..
Would it be better than a dying stock screen with lines all over it. Yes.
I guess I'm lucky I still have a 100% working stock screen I can throw back in if I ever want to change back. I might even invert the v2 screen soon for something different.
May even fix the lag (doubt it).
By mpcstuff.com Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:49 pm
Hey guys. Any issues you see, as always please email us with some precise times you see the issues. They are completely different technology than the original screens, they can be reprogrammed to a certain extent. With the programming there are some drawbacks of certain tweaks. Imagine doing one thing to fix one small issue, that in turn creates a different larger issue. We have seen very few glitches in the screens, but they seem to work well just as they are. The original V1 screen that was built by invision (not us) was flawed for sure. The V2 screens we spent 2 years on, work well. We have not any major lag in our testing. Also have not got any feed back of any issues other than a few MPC2000s (not XL) here and there.

If you are having issues let us know, any feedback can help us possibly work on making changes. To be totally honest this is a project we worked on just to get the units moving again and not become extinct. We spent way more time/money on the project than we should have. So I cannot promise we can spend hundreds more hours on it. But we are willing to look at anything and everything to help out the MPC community and fix the small glitches you see.
By mr_debauch Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:48 pm
did you guys tell envision that you got better working screens than the ones they made? envision was really cocky when he came here on the forums.. very condescending to anyone here on the forum who talked about the possibility of making a new screen etc..
By MrDismal Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:15 am
mpcstuff.com wrote:Hey guys. Any issues you see, as always please email us with some precise times you see the issues. They are completely different technology than the original screens, they can be reprogrammed to a certain extent. With the programming there are some drawbacks of certain tweaks. Imagine doing one thing to fix one small issue, that in turn creates a different larger issue. We have seen very few glitches in the screens, but they seem to work well just as they are. The original V1 screen that was built by invision (not us) was flawed for sure. The V2 screens we spent 2 years on, work well. We have not any major lag in our testing. Also have not got any feed back of any issues other than a few MPC2000s (not XL) here and there.

If you are having issues let us know, any feedback can help us possibly work on making changes. To be totally honest this is a project we worked on just to get the units moving again and not become extinct. We spent way more time/money on the project than we should have. So I cannot promise we can spend hundreds more hours on it. But we are willing to look at anything and everything to help out the MPC community and fix the small glitches you see.

Hey dude, I already emailed your company with a video and detailed description of the issue. (MPC 2KXL)

I got an email back saying this:

"The random hangs will happen once in a while. The unit is designed to hold there until another button is pressed, if we did not do that then when it had any slight glitch then it would need to restart the whole unit."

Mine doesn't happen once in a while, mine happens about once in every 5-6 screen changes.
They offered an RMA but I just left it. The thought of removing the perfectly placed screen that took me ages to line up perfectly, including shipping costs back over there (from Aus), then adding my old one back in.... I cbf.

Btw, this is not a negative post, just telling you how it is.
By mpcstuff.com Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:22 pm
Mine doesn't happen once in a while, mine happens about once in every 5-6 screen changes.
They offered an RMA but I just left it. The thought of removing the perfectly placed screen that took me ages to line up perfectly, including shipping costs back over there (from Aus), then adding my old one back in.... I cbf.

Btw, this is not a negative post, just telling you how it is.
mr_debauch wrote:did you guys tell envision that you got better working screens than the ones they made? envision was really cocky when he came here on the forums.. very condescending to anyone here on the forum who talked about the possibility of making a new screen etc..

We have not experienced the issue as often as you stated, it does purposely hold at times so it does not have to completely restart the LCD or freeze the unit. The programming on those things is a nightmare.

Shoot an email back, if you are still having issues. We are always here to help, if you are not happy with the product.
By mpcstuff.com Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:30 pm
mr_debauch wrote:did you guys tell envision that you got better working screens than the ones they made? envision was really cocky when he came here on the forums.. very condescending to anyone here on the forum who talked about the possibility of making a new screen etc..

He wouldn't answer our emails a while back, once they decided they were no longer working on the screens. So never had the urge to contact him again. It was quite bothersome actually, we were hoping they would still work on the project for us but he quit and wouldn't respond. I guess we are better off since the first one didn't work out.