Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Arkitecht Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:10 am
Ok...I dont know if this is possible or not on the mpc, or a kepboard perhaps (Yamaha PSR-GX76) But i want to know how to do a clean-cut piano roll. Or maybe even make a sound, and do a piano roll as a drum beat. If this is possible please explain to me how this can be done. Thanx in advance. Peace. -=R O M A N=-

By Arkitecht Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:13 am
Anyone have an idea?

By Arkitecht Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:02 am
No one knows anything about this? At least tell me yes or no, if its possible or not... This is something im still trying to figure out, but in the meantime, i would appreciate it if someone would address this topic. Thanks. -= R O M A N =-
By Mddl Fngr Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:21 pm
If by piano roll... you mean like a drum roll with a piano.

Set the quantize on the MP to 1/32(3). Using the MP as the controller. Start recording and hold the NOTE REPEAT button. Then hold the pad that you want rolled.

OR... You can use your keyboard to do it with its arpeggiator (if it has one).

Hope this helps.

By Arkitecht Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:26 am
sorry if this sounds stupid, because you use the term very lightly....but what the H3ll is an arpeggiator?...lol...

By Mddl Fngr Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:30 pm
Its like the note repeat function on the MP, but can be set in dif'rent ways. On my Roland (xp10) I can set it to strum, harp, glassindo (or sumthin like that), or just set the timing and bpm like on the MP. So when I play keys at the same time, they sound according to the arpeggio setting.