Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Baru Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:45 am
okay when i hit shift+mixer and go to the effects window, i cant get any reverbs to work after trying countless times. is it possible that i dont have the effects enabled or something? if so, where can i download them?

by the way i have the standard 2000 model

By -{n8}- Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:40 am
ok first question.. do you have the effects card instaled?

By jaemac21 Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:57 pm
You have to assign the effects to a pad and increase how much effects you want, kinda like raising the level on the audio output.

By freddy fresh Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:34 pm
raise the levels on the EFFECTS SENDS
or you will hear NOTHING

By Baru Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:40 pm
im almost positive that i DO have an effects card installed, because according to the manual, if i didnt, it would say "not installed" or something like that.

as far as raising the levels, ive tried to raise and lower EVERY knob in that wondow and it doesnt work.

im pretty new to AKAI systems so can someone sorta walk me through this? it would be MUCH appreciated

Byc.m.e Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:16 pm
how much did you buy your mpc for? that might let us know if you have it installed. it's about $250 to get it installed. so your overall price should be a bit more than a standard mpc with no upgrades.
By romerom Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:46 am
c.m.e wrote:how much did you buy your mpc for? that might let us know if you have it installed. it's about $250 to get it installed. so your overall price should be a bit more than a standard mpc with no upgrades.

actually, i got the akai mpc 2000xl studio plus and it has the sampleverb.. i have not quite figured out how to use it so i would also be interested in learning to get the effects working.
By Baru Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:44 pm
c.m.e wrote:how much did you buy your mpc for? that might let us know if you have it installed. it's about $250 to get it installed. so your overall price should be a bit more than a standard mpc with no upgrades.

i bought the standard 2000 for $800 but it came with 32 megs so im guessing it is installed

By itchyvinyl Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:29 pm
Press SHIFT+7 (mixer)
Select DRUM 1, 2, 3, or 4 (whichever program you want effects on)
Press FXsend
Press the pad you want effects on (it should highlight it on the mixer)
Turn the data wheel to turn up the effects send
Press the cursor UP button (to highlight the effects setting)
Turn the data wheel to choose R1, R2, M1, M2 (reverbs, multi effects)

To tweak the effects parameters, press FXedit
Where it says EDIT: .....choose which effect you want to tweak
Then you can highlight an effect and press Open Window to get params.
On the MultiFX, you can highlight each individual effect and press ON/OFF to turn them on or off.

Hope that helps.

By romerom Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:50 pm
itchyvinyl wrote:Press SHIFT+7 (mixer)
Select DRUM 1, 2, 3, or 4 (whichever program you want effects on)
Press FXsend
Press the pad you want effects on (it should highlight it on the mixer)
Turn the data wheel to turn up the effects send
Press the cursor UP button (to highlight the effects setting)
Turn the data wheel to choose R1, R2, M1, M2 (reverbs, multi effects)

To tweak the effects parameters, press FXedit
Where it says EDIT: .....choose which effect you want to tweak
Then you can highlight an effect and press Open Window to get params.
On the MultiFX, you can highlight each individual effect and press ON/OFF to turn them on or off.

Hope that helps.

thanks man i actually figured this thing out last night and its exactly like you said.. the distortion effect is kinda shitty i think but the reverb/echo effects are good.. haven't really played with the filter effect cause i dont have anything to filter right now oh and the mod effect was nice too.