Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By romerom Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:31 pm
is it possible to change the sample speed without changing the pitch.. i.e. i have a sample that has words in it and i want it to match the bpm of my current track.. i know how to make it faster/slower by using the "tune" setting inside of the params inside of program mode but it also changes the pitch of it. how can i modify this without changing the pitch or is it even possible?

By jaemac21 Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:55 pm
Timestretch

By romerom Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:20 pm
jaemac21 wrote:Timestretch

cool.. i looked it up in the manual and timestretch is an option off the edit screen off the trim screen then from there theres a BPM button "F2" and you can slow/speed the sample up and it keeps the pitch the same.

By Baru Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:02 pm
this only works on the XL right?

By romerom Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:18 pm
Baru wrote:this only works on the XL right?

I'm not sure man I got the XL.

By thynctank Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:57 am
Baru, it does only work on the XL, but you can always timestretch a sample in any number of audio programs on PC and export back to MPC in wav format, etc.

-tank

By E.A. Flow Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:09 am
One if my little tricks:

ACID is a powerful program for this. I take my chopped wav from the mpc and then Import it into ACID. When I change the tempo/Tsig to how I want I simply resample back into the mp via s/pdif. Alot easier and more on the fly then trial and error with time stretching.