Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Gemfire Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am
I have a piece of advise for anyone who wants to install a MO Drive into their MPC. Don't know about all of them but this particular drive has a 'sleep' function that shuts it off after some idle time. After that it is no longer recognized by the MPC. At least my machine gives me 'Wait...' and 'SCSI not ready' messages. The workaround is to remove the MO disk when you're not using it and insert it only to load and save files. This way it works perfect.
By the way, here are some photos.
Cheers!
By distortedtekno Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 pm
Nice work. Glad to see another internal SCSI mod. I'm surprised that model drive is giving you that issue. I have the MCJ3230SS which is the model that came before yours, and it doesn't have that issue at all. What brand disks are you using?
By enchilada Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:36 am
Reviving a very old thread in the hope that nobody tries to do this. If you've already removed the angle DB25 port, just replace it with a straight one.

Then you can either do what I've done and use a DB25 BlueSCSI as an internal HDD, or use a male to male DB25 ribbon cable and a DB25 to IDC50 adaptor to replace your floppy with a SCSI2SD.
By richie Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:15 am
enchilada wrote:Reviving a very old thread in the hope that nobody tries to do this. If you've already removed the angle DB25 port, just replace it with a straight one.

Then you can either do what I've done and use a DB25 BlueSCSI as an internal HDD, or use a male to male DB25 ribbon cable and a DB25 to IDC50 adaptor to replace your floppy with a SCSI2SD.

Nice mod without having to complicate things without having to run a ribbon cable from the original DB25 on the outside and fish it through the 2000. Is it fair to assume that the BlueSCSI you're using is running off the term power, or are you doing anything to power it externally?