Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By narcoticnoise Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:37 am
Hello i have a MPC 2000 classic running 1.72 os with 32 Ram

i recently got this error after about 30-40 minutes after i loaded a project on my external zip drive
"DIV.ERROR at 3000: 00F4"

Any more info on this ? And what am i able to do to avoid this error????

Thanks everyone.
By Wal Martian Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm
Not sure about the specifics of the error but I have the same machine and haven't got this error before. You might want to open it and take out the two RAM sticks and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser. Blow out the slots and you could even spray some contact cleaner in the slots.
By Harmoncj Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:55 pm
no it is a verifiable bug for the original MPC2000.

In short, it happens as you approach max polyphony with attack/decay envelopes exceed the actual sample length.

The short fix is to just add ghost loops on any extra short samples(ie: closed hi hat samples). Closed hi hats are the MAIN CULPRIT because you might be retriggering these very fast with some attack/decay. Ghost loops make it so the sample never ends so the envelope can clear correctly.

The most frustrating thing is that since the bug has to do with polyphony, you probably never encountered the screen until you were pretty far along on a project!
By tapedeck Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:02 pm
Harmoncj wrote:no it is a verifiable bug for the original MPC2000.

In short, it happens as you approach max polyphony with attack/decay envelopes exceed the actual sample length.

woa that is really interesting! thanks for the knowledge.
By narcoticnoise Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:44 pm
Harmoncj wrote:no it is a verifiable bug for the original MPC2000.

The short fix is to just add ghost loops on any extra short samples(ie: closed hi hat samples). Closed hi hats are the MAIN CULPRIT because you might be retriggering these very fast with some attack/decay. Ghost loops make it so the sample never ends so the envelope can clear correctly.

The most frustrating thing is that since the bug has to do with polyphony, you probably never encountered the screen until you were pretty far along on a project!

your awesome! tnx for the insight dude.
By thx Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm
sound glitches generated by a DIV.Error; i just recorded the samples played randomly by the machine