Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By NUgg Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:55 am
Hey,
Just wondering if anyone could suggest the best possible way for me to sample the sounds out of my Triton LE. I'll be honest and admit that I've only 'tinkered' with it a little but from my main efforts I can only really achieve a low and severly echoed signal.

Maybe its my cables? Any suggestsions?
Thanks heaps.
By Mddl Fngr Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:38 pm
I go thru a rather long process when sample'n sounds from keyboards. But.... this is what I do.

I use Stereo RCA cables with 1/4" adaptors. I sample C,E, and G# in ev'ry octive at full velocity.

I have a template program I load up that has the MPC note numbers in the correct order. I set the tunning for each row of pads 0, 10, 20, 30. And map the sounds across (first row C, next row E, then G# ect.). I set the evelope for each sound. So, for example, if I sampled a Piano. I don't want the loud attack on notes that I play softly. So, I open window in the attack field and set it so the lower the velocity the closer to the end of the sample I am. I posted this method in the "Production Techniques" forum, under "Yall gotta try this". This is a long process cuz the setting is dif'rent for each pad.

After I add efx you can barely tell if its the module or the MP. I have dif'rent methods of sample'n dif'rent sounds. Depends on the results I'm after.

I'm sure folk got their own way of doin it. The only drawback to my way is that I don't set loop points, so my sustain pedal is useless cuz it won't send a note off message. But it sounds pretty accurate.

By brainwashcloth Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:02 pm
middl fingr i was wondering if you could email me your blank pgm file that has the note #'s set up in the right order? [email protected] peace.

By Mddl Fngr Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:19 pm
Sent.