Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JaccCetch Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:36 pm
I know this subject gets older and older but...I like MPCStuff's actual fatpads but without the corx there is just too much distances between the pad and the sensor! BUT with their corx applied (a little too thick in my opinion PAUSE), they are too CLOSE to the sensor causing double triggers. Does anyone know of an alternative to MPCStuff's corx??? Something not quite so thick (PAUSE AGAIN!) ? Thanks in advance
By tapedeck Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:03 pm
i dont know of an alternative, but i would say a lot of that double triggering comes down to technique. you can keep playing / practicing and get better at it.

alternatively, you could try maybe some electrical tape? the stuff that is non-conductive. the worst thing you could do would be to put foil under them (i have seen a very shitty mpc with this done before and it was awful).
By JUKE 179r Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:02 pm
People still say “pause”? :hmmm:
By JaccCetch Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:05 pm
LOL Juke! I do...or course i'm old as well. Thanks for the reply Tape, your right, it somewhat does boil down to technique. I went ahead and installed MPCStuff's corx
again and spent some time focusing on technique and it really wasn't that bad.
By MrDismal Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:51 am
I recently installed the corx v2 - the rubber corx. At first they were double triggering in one corner, but now seems to be okay, I think they need a little wearing in. So much better without the air between the pads and sensor. 16 level basslines are actually doable again now.
By JaccCetch Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 pm
MrDismal wrote:I recently installed the corx v2 - the rubber corx. At first they were double triggering in one corner, but now seems to be okay, I think they need a little wearing in. So much better without the air between the pads and sensor. 16 level basslines are actually doable again now.

yup your right! also I put a little baby powder on the actual rubber corx themselves with a small paint
brush, which helped them not be "so sticky" works great now! I too had the double triggering in one
corner.
By saltmcgault Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:41 pm
I have the risers on the normal pads and i've had that double trigger issue happen to me before every so often. (pause) :lol: its annoying as ****. At first It had me tilting my head sideways like a dog and asking myself did I just hit that pad twice? :WTF: