Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By nibtgom Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 am
Hi everyone. I recently bought one of these and I am currently on the main page after booting up with OS 1.72.

On the main screen I am trying to access the 'Count: On field', but I don't get any response from the up/down cursor keys, and I tried continuously scrolling right using the right cursor key, but it stops on the timecode on the very right hand side of the screen.

I recently bought this and have gone through the manual...the only thing I can think of is that the up/ down cursor needs some points to be re-soldered or replaced?
By hok-2 Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm
Some times the buttons wear down at the point that connects to the switch under the chasis.
You could try taking the top off and seeing if the button if connecting propperly.
And if you feel confident with elecrtonics, take off the plastic cursor and see if it works when pressing the switch manually.

Obviously you would be dealing with live electronics so maybe wear rubber gloves.
If it still doesnt work it might need a new tact switch, which is a common problem.
There is probably a thread about replacing them on this forum.
Hope that helps.