Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Powerofsoul Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:40 pm
Hello MPC killers !

I've figured out , how to enslave my MPC 2000 xl to logic pro , finally !
And my 2K XL is master of a TR 08 and a TB 03. The purpose of this was to be able to hit the spacebar or rec on Logic and have all the machines run at the same time via midi clock so I could record the whole thing back to logic on a audio track. Hopefully I'm clear enough..
I'm having issues with latency.
When I hit the space bar on my Mac everything works fine except latency on the MPC that never starts on the first beat..
Do you guys know how to fix this ? is It a Logic problem or a MPC problem ?
BTW : i have Logic Pro X on a mac 3.6 ghz and 16go RAM so it seems to be able to run a audio track without latency I suppose.
Thank you so much !
By Dan Jose Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:24 pm
Hi Man,

I've just gone through the gauntlet of getting midi setup in run a very similar setup to yours. From what I understand, a lot of people have some run in time to allow the mpc and your daw to sync. If I don't have a count in and press play, my mpc sequence is clunky and out of time. If i have a 1 bar count in it seems fine. Something happens in that one bar before the mpc fires that stops the stutter. Then because everything else is slaved to the mpc as well they wont fire until it does so it's all still in time.

Hope that makes sense.

Dan