Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By richie Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am
Yeah, that eBay seller has tried to flip MPC 2000's with low serial number before and I believe it to be ghostinmpc or someone that works with ghostinmpc.
By JVC Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:30 pm
It cannot be called prototype, the item look identical to final production model. It even has serial number label that is identical to other MPC2000. Most of the case, prototype units would get hand written serial numbers.
It is baffling that the seller is implying that it has different sound characteristic and different swing. Utter nonsense to me.
That wood front panel is OK though.
GhostinMPC is located in Japan, and this seller is in EU. I don't think that the seller has any relationship with GhostinMPC.
By richie Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm
JVC wrote:GhostinMPC is located in Japan, and this seller is in EU. I don't think that the seller has any relationship with GhostinMPC.

@JVC -- I know where ghostinmpc is located and can understand how my previous post could be confusing:

The eBay seller is located in Germany. The eBay seller for the past couple of years has had the coincidence on several occasions to post ghost's customized MPC's on eBay right after ghost posts pictures of the work himself, on his own pages. You can have a look for yourself at the sellers previous listings and feedback to put more pieces to the puzzle if you're curious.

Some of the eBay listings are posted with varying forms of foreign currency (some in Pounds, Franks, USD and JPY) and at some points different locations if my mind serves me correctly. There is likely a logistical reason behind this but the clues I've found seem to be more than a coincidence man.
By JVC Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:01 pm
OK, I see what you are saying. Still, I'd be really surprised if GhostinMPC has anything to do with the listing.
I'd think that the seller has ordered from GhostinMPC, and sold them right away.
By JVC Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm
I'm certain that MPC-2000 was produced in China from the begining.
(I don't think that moving production in the middle would make a lot of sense)
I believe that that's the first MPC series that was made in China.
But, prototypes do not have to be labeled with a country of origin.
By Wal Martian Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:45 pm
Seller posted on the two MPC facebook groups his name is Peter Garam. I would report the listing as fraudulent, as we know, this does not have the circuitry/sample engine from the MPC3000/s3000xl and is likely running the factory 2K OS, so the swing is not going to function like a 3K either...
By richie Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 pm
You'd think he would show a picture of the main board and the rest of the rest of the internals to certify it of having any unique nature.
By richie Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 am
Wal Martian wrote:Yes, or a picture of the screen that isn't intentionally blown out making it a pure white rectangle

I don't know if I'm tired or what but what you just said has got me cracking up here. People are so f*cking strange man.
By JUKE 179r Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 am
I call bullschitt.