Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By I AM Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 pm
I was wondering if I'd be able to just get the 2000 (XL) and start making beats right away. I'm gonna be doing what I cant do on the MPC, in Logic Pro X, and I have a Presonus AudioBox iTwo. Also I'm getting all of my sounds from sample packs not records. Would I still need a mixer or anything besides the MPC itself?

Thanks for the help :worthy:
By The Jackal Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:01 pm
Keyboard MIDI controller hooked up to DAW/cheap synth might make it easier playing things like chords & certain riffs into the MPC for sampling. Would help towards learning music theory & playing an instrument. With a stand-alone synth, effects, & some go-to drums you always keep around, you can step away from the computer too. I find that even with the MPC as my main sequencer & MIDI interface, I still like a 61 key controller set up with it so I can play certain things in. I'm pretty sure everyone here at one point will eventually tell you to get at least one nice synth you gel with, but it shouldn't be necessary for awhile; it's not really about playing something, but using it to fill the gaps when the samples can't.