Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tapedeck Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:24 pm
Lampdog wrote:Don't worry about getting a sample to the computer, lol.

Just sample a fresh sound into the mpc itself and test your outputs with that.

the thing is, if he samples into it and the samples are still ****, we still don't know what the problem is.

another thing you could potentially do it take the samples, split the stereo into two mono samples, and see what kind of results you get from that.

that will either confirm or eliminate the possibility of the distortion being baked into the sample itself.

if it is indeed in the samples, i might guess your record input is the culprit, as that would be one common element to all of these samples (assuming you sampled them all yourself, which it sounds like you did).

definitely try splitting the stereo samples into mono and then play each side separately - that will answer a lot of questions.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:49 pm
I was assuming the inputs were fine since they weren’t mentioned as an issue. Sampling would have given a default good sample to start troubleshooting from.
By tapedeck Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:26 pm
Lampdog wrote:I was assuming the inputs were fine since they weren’t mentioned as an issue. Sampling would have given a default good sample to start troubleshooting from.

yea i agree it would not hurt, but it sounds to me like he has already sampled into it and these are the samples giving him problem.

but you are right, if you want to be 100% thorough, sample in a new stereo sample, confirm that it has the noise, then do the stereo split to mono on that and check each side individually.

if only the right channel (now mono) sample has the noise on both sides, we can pretty much confirm it is your right sample input.
if the problem still happens where it is only on the right side outputs for both split mono signals, then the issue is more complicated.
By Niasoey Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm
Lampdog, thanks for the help on the pictures, didn't know you could do that!

Well guys, found the problem. Definitely the samples.

Tapedeck, sorry for not being clear, these samples were already loaded onto the floppy when i bought it, so i wasnt the one who sampled it.

I took my keyboard and sampled a quick 3 second sample into it, sound comes out of both stereo ouputs. Headphone works as well. Sampled stereo and mono to check and it all works. Also assigned outputs to the expanded outs and it is working as well.

Looks like whoever sampled onto floppy did something wrong. Not sure what happened there.

Either way, thanks everyone for your help. Glad to be apart of the community!

Nias
By Lampdog Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 pm
I was thinking it was the samples because you said they were already on floppy.
I was thinking "I can't trust pre-recorded shit" so create fresh samples with the mpc itself and test that.
Glad it worked out for you and it's not an actual hardware problem.

Your in LA?

I was born and raised in LA, nice to meet you. In San Diego right now tho.
By Niasoey Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:08 am
Lampdog wrote:I was thinking it was the samples because you said they were already on floppy.
I was thinking "I can't trust pre-recorded ****" so create fresh samples with the mpc itself and test that.
Glad it worked out for you and it's not an actual hardware problem.

Your in LA?

I was born and raised in LA, nice to meet you. In San Diego right now tho.

Yeah baby came out to LA not too long ago! Nice to meet you too. San Diego is dope, expensive though lol
By YOVENEK Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:25 am
Hi, I'm having the same issue on a 2000 Classic, right output and right headphones don't work properly (I checked with different headphones)
Only thing is when I plug the headphones halfway I can hear left and right clearly.
Do you guys think I should check the soldering on the right output (resolder it on to the board)??
Should I try to order a new part?
Do you guys know the reference of theses Outputs on Mouser?
Thanks a lot :worthy: