Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By jammingerald Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a workaround to an issue that's been bugging me.

Is it possible to hit a pad, then select shift+trim, and edit the pad/sample you just hit in TRIM mode? The only way I get around this is hitting the pad, then selecting shift+param, then hitting shift+trim and the pad I hit shows up in TRIM mode.
By joshjohnz Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 pm
jammingerald wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a workaround to an issue that's been bugging me.

Is it possible to hit a pad, then select shift+trim, and edit the pad/sample you just hit in TRIM mode? The only way I get around this is hitting the pad, then selecting shift+param, then hitting shift+trim and the pad I hit shows up in TRIM mode.

Not besides what you are doing already. Shift+program, hit pad, shift+trim is the only way I've been doing it for years. I make it a point to be in the program screen when editing samples for that reason.
By mr_debauch Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:11 am
well because in trim you are not editing a pad... you are editing a sample stored in ram. It by default would go to the the sample you last were dealing with either in trim, or in params due to assigning it. (I am guessing) so when you go to params, it is bringing that sample to the "more recently touched" when you hit a pad. I could be wrong... the other way is the slow and not always great jog wheel way. It is equally annoying on the mpc live.
By Wal Martian Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm
jammingerald wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows a workaround to an i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ that's been bugging me.

Is it possible to hit a pad, then select shift+trim, and edit the pad/sample you just hit in TRIM mode?
joshjohnz wrote:Shift+program, hit pad, shift+trim