Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By ggugomi Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 am
I have 2000xl and I'm using floppy disks cause I don't need that much of SCSI drive.

and my friend gave me a pack of floppy disks and found 2000xl cannot read these disks.

So when disk is normal it appears TYPE=MPC2000XL when I'm on Load Menu right?

but with this disk it says TYPE=??????? and says 'Disk Write Error' when I try to format disk.

and actually this disk is TDK MF-2DD Double Sided 1.44

Does anyone know about this?
By richie Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00 am
Did you make sure the write protect switch on the disk isn't up? Also MF-2DD is double density, so it would not be 1.44, it would be 720k.

I also suggest that you go collect some scrap metal or glass bottles, return them to a recycler and use the proceeds to purchase an IDE CF card reader off eBay for $10 for your MPC 2000XL. This is the best suggestion anyone will give you on this forum.

If you need help, send a message to Danoc as he is the resident expert in CF card readers. Danoc may be busy because he is usually inventing new R&B chords for Noreigan womens protein shake commercials, ask Lampdog because Lampdog is the standby expert for CF card readers.

I spent several thousand dollars to obtain this information, I'm sharing it with you for free. Good luck!