Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Ayto Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:40 am
Hello guys i got a problem with a floppy on my XL i saved a beat on a floppy but when i try to load "ALL_PGMS" (the first item on floppy) next day i got this window "Disk requires newer OS! " i try to load the firt .snd manualy and i got "disk read error" but the .SNDs after tha loads normal .. :?

ps sorry for my english
By Ayto Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:48 am
Thanks mate ! but wtf? i saved the beat with 1.11 OS and after requires newer OS ?? (only for the .PGMS and one .SND ) the others .SND files loads normal :/
By djmayonnaise Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:15 pm
I am running into this same issue with an MPC 2000, but I have the 1.72 (newest) OS already. There isn't a new one to my knowledge, correct? Any idea on another scenario where this would happen?

With that said, it's happening to an .aps on a zip disk and only happens on that one file. All the other .aps files on that disc load fine. Do I need to load it using an MPC 2000xl? It's possible I saved it on another sampler at some point, but the beat is so old I don't recall.

Any insight is appreciated!
By Lampdog Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:57 pm
Could be a corrupt APS file. If possible load individual seq, pgm (this will also load associated wavs), mid and then save as a new APS. It is this reason I have always saved everything individually AND then saved the APS as well inside my 2kxl. Sometimes corrupt files happen.