Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By shawncurtin Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 am
I have a single groove sample that I’ve edited in trim mode and confirmed loops seamlessly for 2 bars in loop mode. I’ve also confirmed that the BPM of the 2 bar sample is 96.4. I’ve added the sample to a program so that I will be able to sequence it. I then access the main screen, match the BPM to my sample, set the correct number of bars and record the sequence using the afore mentioned sample. However, when I play back the sequence, my sample does not loop seamlessly like it previously did in loop mode. Instead, there is a small, but extremely annoying gap present when my sequence is looping.

Any insight into solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
By tapedeck Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:01 am
adjust tempo til it fits (you'll probably want to go up in tempo just a little).
adjust tuning til it fits (you'll probably want to go down in tempo just a little).

don't go by strictly numbers, use your ears first and foremost.

there are other techniques...chop it up into sections and trigger each section with the sequencer. again, adjust tempo to fit. this is what i would do.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:57 pm
I've always had better luck with letting the sequence retrigger than me actually making a loop.
That gap may be the envelope in PARAMS. It may be incorrect chopping. I've never used numbers for figuring bpm.