Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By connormc0 Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 pm
Wasn't able to get my hands on a multimeter went thru that entire thread you sent me & am thinking buddy who sold me the 2000xl has most likely swapped pieces with another machine that had the bad resistor in order to sell 2 units... left mine on for a couple hours then pulled the ribbon cable attached to the pad sensor & it was still room temperature the port as well (will be checking temps on the mainboard next).. No lag or disruption as far as everything else goes is how I've reached this conclusion!

Somewhat surprised with my own diagnosis here as I am legitimately new to all this hardware wise :o After reviewing that thread am somewhat confident something like whats mentioned above has gone down!

Learned a lot about ebays policies as well unfortunately xD Made the mistake of opening the machine & notifying the seller so they can't do anything for me in regards to that however it was stated in the ad a zip drive was included in the bundle which i never received so I filed an appeal alongside my partial refund which was declined in hopes that will cover some of the loss...

I can't even really be mad at this point... So long as everything checks out I still got my moneys worth was $550 CDN for the MPC $170 shipping + like $95 for the new pad sensor!

Am from Fergus Ontario roughly an hour & a half away from Toronto MPC was shipped to me from Florida
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 07, 2019 11:49 pm
This is one of the issues when buying used gear. If possible, buy from your local area, that way you can test it out. At the price that you've posted, you were half way to brand new MPC LIVE. :nod: Nevertheless, If the item you've received was not functioning and missing listed items. Ebay will refund you. The best thing to do is list the seller eBay account here. That way other MPC'ers won't purchase from them.
By richie Wed May 08, 2019 3:43 am
connormc0 wrote:I can't even really be mad at this point... So long as everything checks out I still got my moneys worth was $550 CDN for the MPC $170 shipping + like $95 for the new pad sensor!

Am from Fergus Ontario roughly an hour & a half away from Toronto MPC was shipped to me from Florida

Here's the thing. Filing a claim with paypal is kind of a mixed issue. You should have filed a claim through eBay as "item not as described" in any case eBay usually sides with the buyer on it unless you some how wrote something else which could lead to confusion such as stating that you opened the unit, tried reconnecting sh*t, etc. That would be considered as a "modification" or "tampering".

I do not believe that the seller tried the unit once more before sending. It has nothing to do with the temperature being warm and then saying okay and closing up things and sending it out. Some of how you diagnosed things are good attempts although are based on your admitted limited knowledge in this area.

Here is what your options are. Can you solder? If so, replace the resistor and see where that gets you before resorting to ordering a pad sensor. Otherwise, send me a private message and I'll see what can be done to help you out as I'm in Toronto.
By connormc0 Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 am
Good news! My appeal went through & i was issued $100USD as a partial refund :-D The case is now closed! Am thinking I'm gonna grab a multimeter tomorrow & check that resistor! Have a new pad sensor on the way & 32mb ram will be making sure machine is in good health prior to installation!

Have had my eye on a 2000xl for a couple years now had a hard time deciding between a budget based 2000xl or the maschine mk3! Something special to me in regards to these older models idk... My 1st piece of hardware was mpd32 & i was running that thru fl studio, from there have managed to build a full on studio but i tend to overthink things... Am thinking the 2000xl will be the whole brains behind the operation once my machine is stable!

Currently working with mpd 32, mpk mini, Sp 202, Sp 303, Sp 404sx, Maschine mk2, novation audiohub 2x4, stanton t.62 + ortofon concorde pro, Dr 202, zoom sampletrak st224, numark m6 & my brother got a 49 key as well i can hook up thru midi!

Trying to escape DAW & visuals atm.. Am noticing i tend to prefer workflow that is strictly hardware based/intuitive in my case...

Will keep you guys updated... have a feeling dude who sold me the 2000xl is solid no need to throw dirt on his name I do disagree with his methods tho to a certain extent! Business is business in my eyes & let's say someone else made this purchase he could have potentially screwed them over if they were unable to look into things... It's whatever i guess am definitely not complaing tho as is :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXlPJAN8fZs
By CharlesRandolph Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am
Most of the MPC'S are solid, well the one's before they started to add sounds and 8 Track audios to them. As far as the Ebay seller, I understand. I don't purchase much from there any more, due the change in culture and the Bot bidding. Not to mention the shipping cost, more than the actual product.

Well good luck on your adventure, I do hope the issue, is only the pad sensors. If not, Richie will help you out.
By connormc0 Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm
Hey guys little bit late on the follow up the new pad sensors did do the trick I have use of all 16 pads now :smoker:

Had one of hell of a time trying to remove all the adhesive prior to laying the new sensors down! I originally tried rubbing alcohol then nail polish remover neither really seemed to do much so I ended up trying peanut butter & that is by far the easiest way to completely clear all that off (literally had a full square of adhesive).

Made sure that metal plate was completely clean prior to installation used rubbing alcohol a few times after the peanutbutter to make sure no oils were left behind & checked the new sensors in padchk, cut the ribbon cable perfect & applied new sensors making sure the entire sheet was squared up, I am still having a bit of an issue with pad 12! Anytime i press pad 12 it will read it but skip back to pad 11 once i take pressure off pad 12 unless I give the machine like 10min time to warm up!

By richie Thu May 30, 2019 9:04 am
Unfortunately, rubbing alcohol has some oil in it.

For removing the glue, rubbing alcohol is fine but for future reference, always make sure the final cleaning is done with Isopropyl alcohol. There is no oil in it. The 99% grade stuff is the best as its medical grade, purest form and least amount of water in it. You can find it at Walmart, Costco, etc.
By JUKE 179r Thu May 30, 2019 10:56 am
Good to know the new pad sheet works other than that pad 11 issue.
Now it's time to replace that screen. lol
By Lampdog Thu May 30, 2019 3:42 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Now it's time to replace that screen. lol
By richie Thu May 30, 2019 10:46 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Now it's time to replace that screen. lol

I kind of feel bad for him but I mean, he's gone about this entire process totally wrong. He's going to end up spending the same amount it would cost to get 2 working XL's locally at this point.
By Lampdog Fri May 31, 2019 2:57 pm
And it's sad to think that might and could happen. We all know that these are old machines and are likely to have problems even when kept in good condition.

I hate this phrase, but, "it's part of the game".
By Lampdog Fri May 31, 2019 7:40 pm
Moist

Peanut

Center