Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By CharlesRandolph Fri May 31, 2019 11:39 pm
richie wrote:Yeah Charles, telling him to spend more on a clock than what it would cost him to get a proper interface to actually help him do what he wants makes so much sense.

For your information the Roland UM-ONE MK2 USB MIDI Interface is $40. So yeah, he can buy a new interface with 8 in and the MPC 8 out card (If he doesn't have one installed.)

So that's $300 for the cheapest interface (New) and $180 for 8 out card on ebay. Or get the Roland UM-One for $40 and put 2 bars in front and make multi passes. :smoker:

Option 4: Get a used: Edirol By Roland USB MIDI Interface UM-3EX UM-3 EX on ebay: $45. Just make sure it's compatible with the computer OS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Edirol-By-Rola ... Swkghc70SJ
By richie Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:05 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Look into getting something like
1. Roland UM-ONE MK2 USB MIDI Interface. (Only a MIDI interface.)
2. E-RM Multiclock USB Sync Interface (MIDI Interface and Master Clock)
3. Roland SBX-1 (MIDI Interface and Master Clock)

So what was your page long suggestion? (was it really necessary to post a huge pic?)

Spend $40-50 on a Roland USB Midi face when any $10 USB to MIDI cable will do the job of establishing MIDI connectivity to his computer. He's still going to have to do multi passes. Even with the 2 bar thing we've all done, he will still need to shift around until it feels right but it won't ever be 100%.

Your second suggestion - Spend at least $450 used if you're lucky for an ERM Multiclock. He's an FL user that we have established doesn't have a proper sound card/interface. So where is he going to get that spare mono out to sync with? I'm not even sure if the ERM plugin will actually function with FL either.

Your third suggestion - Spend at least $450 on a used SBX-1 which is in similar nature with it being as useful as the ERM for this particular person.

At this rate, I'm surprised you haven't told him to stripe to SMPTE, LOL

Cool suggestions though, now hurry up and edit or delete your posts. Nasty habit of yours.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:24 am
richie wrote:
So what was your page long suggestion? (was it really necessary to post a huge pic?)

Spend $40-50 on a Roland USB Midi face when any $10 USB to MIDI cable will do the job of establishing MIDI connectivity to his computer. He's still going to have to do multi passes. Even with the 2 bar thing we've all done, he will still need to shift around until it feels right but it won't ever be 100%.

You, get what you pay for.

richie wrote:
Your second suggestion - Spend at least $450 used if you're lucky for an ERM Multiclock. He's an FL user that we have established doesn't have a proper sound card/interface. So where is he going to get that spare mono out to sync with? I'm not even sure if the ERM plugin will actually function with FL either.

Obvinously, you've never used the ERM Multiclock. :lol:

richie wrote:Your third suggestion - Spend at least $450 on a used SBX-1 which is in similar nature with it being as useful as the ERM for this particular person.

At this rate, I'm surprised you haven't told him to stripe to SMPTE, LOL

SBX-1 would work with FL. Looks like you've never used that as well.

richie wrote:Cool suggestions though, now hurry up and edit or delete your posts. Nasty habit of yours.

One this is not about me, its about offering suggestion and options. Nevertheless, I don't know what your issue with me is, but we can handle it like musicians. Music vs Music. I sure with you all those sampler in your signature, you've manged to to actually make music with them, and not just collect and repair them. :lol:

Put up a vocal acapella and we can have a remix contest. If not stick to repairing gear and let the real artist do what we do. I'll talk to you, when I need some caps replaced, a new cable, or my OS reinstalled.

So unless your reply is about music vs music. Peace :smoker: To the OP and others sorry to derail the topic.
By saltmcgault Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:49 am
:popcorn: I could just throw out a track to sample and the acappella out here. I wouldn’t mind seeing what you guys got. It’s one of my favorites so i might just jump in to get beat down too. :lol:
By richie Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:12 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:So unless your reply is about music vs music. Peace :smoker: To the OP and others sorry to derail the topic.

Trying to weasel out of any form of debate is simply what you do best. If you do not have anything applicable to offer, simply pass. You do not have to respond to every thread on here, your crap is a lot to skip through. I know you're addicted to it as evidenced by your incessant need to edit and delete your posts.

Defining yourself as a "real musician" doesn't exactly make it so but cool story! As long as you enjoy whatever it is you think you do, great! But I'm not sure where one would get the time to make music with all the incessant posting you do?

Enjoyed your attempt to berate me for having the expertise I do with hardware, am I to feel insulted here? See where that leads you - I'm curious! My bad for actually trying to actually share some of that with others here.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 am
richie wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:So unless your reply is about music vs music. Peace :smoker: To the OP and others sorry to derail the topic.

Trying to weasel out of any form of debate is simply what you do best. If you do not have anything applicable to offer, simply pass. You do not have to respond to every thread on here, your **** is a lot to skip through. I know you're addicted to it as evidenced by your incessant need to edit and delete your posts.

Defining yourself as a "real musician" doesn't exactly make it so but cool story! As long as you enjoy whatever it is you think you do, great! But I'm not sure where one would get the time to make music with all the incessant posting you do?

Enjoyed your attempt to berate me for having the expertise I do with hardware, am I to feel insulted here? See where that leads you - I'm curious! My bad for actually trying to actually share some of that with others here.

1. You played yourself. :lol:
2. There is nothing to debate.
3. It's obvious that you don't consistently create music.
4. I said real artist
5. I edit because I want my point to come across as clear as possible.
6. STOP TRYING TO PLAY GORILLA WHEN YOU AIN'T NO KILLER. - "BIGGIE SMALLS"
7. If contributing is trying to tear me down, good luck with that.
8. I reply when I have something to contribute.
9. Music vs Music or Peace
10. GET BACK ON TOPIC. The reaper is coming. :lol:

saltmcgault wrote::popcorn: I could just throw out a track to sample and the acappella out here. I wouldn’t mind seeing what you guys got. It’s one of my favorites so i might just jump in to get beat down too. :lol:
Throw it up lets see what, Mr. MPC 1000 / 2000 / 2000XL / S900 / S1000 / S2800 / S3000XL / S6000 can do with his collection. :lol:
By richie Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:37 am
A brief breakdown for those just jumping in: Person asks for information on tracking out beats from their XL.

1. Suggest person procure a costly piece of hardware that is not necessary to achieve desired result.
Edit: Are you that oblivious to the general kind of poster on this forum? Why on earth would you think suggesting someone drop $500 on a clock is some how more suitable than A) Using a USB to MIDI adapter - Good start B) If they're going to drop several hundred dollars, then why not opt to get a better sound interface?

2. Get called out on it. Instead of responding with some form of technical merit, say nothing to assert the original point.
Edit: Explaining why you believe your suggestions can be useful and how you have applied them for others to have reference to would have been effective.

3. Attempt to divert the topic at hand to a proposed beat battle.
Edit: I'm not even sure where to begin on this one.

4. Attempt to bait other person into an area of believed personal confidence or imagined aptitude to answer a question that was not asked.
Edit: It's the same argument children have to assert some type of merit over something completely unrelated. Kid 1 says they're good at math, Kid 2 embarrassed challenges kid 1 to a race.

*shrug*
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 am
richie wrote:A brief breakdown for those just jumping in: Person asks for information on tracking out beats from their XL.

1. Suggest person procure a costly piece of hardware that is not necessary to achieve desired result.
Edit: Are you that oblivious to the general kind of poster on this forum? Why on earth would you think suggesting someone drop $500 on a clock is some how more suitable than A) Using a USB to MIDI adapter - Good start B) If they're going to drop several hundred dollars, then why not opt to get a better sound interface?

2. Get called out on it. Instead of responding with some form of technical merit, say nothing to assert the original point.
Edit: Explaining why you believe your suggestions can be useful and how you have applied them for others to have reference to would have been effective.

3. Attempt to divert the topic at hand to a proposed beat battle.
Edit: I'm not even sure where to begin on this one.

4. Attempt to bait other person into an area of believed personal confidence or imagined aptitude to answer a question that was not asked.
Edit: It's the same argument children have to assert some type of merit over something completely unrelated. Kid 1 says they're good at math, Kid 2 embarrassed challenges kid 1 to a race.

*shrug*

To the OP: Buy gear that will grow with your setup. For what you doing, it appears you should research more about MIDI. Learn about it and incorporate it into your setup. It will help you in the long run. Perhaps the below video will help you.

To Mr. I Collect Stuff: You're like HOSA audio cables all buzz, noise, static, and a short musical life span.
EDIT: As for the musical contest, I just wanted your gear to be more than room decor. Now get back on TOPIC before the Reaper comes.

@saltmcgault he declined but he will install your 8 out card for 10 dollars. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:47 am
Wal Martian wrote:Guys you don't need MIDI to record your sampler. Turn on a click track and slap Play Start when it hits 1:00:00. If it's off, you can zoom in and adjust inside your DAW.

That way is good for a small amount of tracks. But for larger tracks you're just giving yourself unnecessary work. Use MIDI, Lock down the tempo, and move on. :nod:
By Lampdog Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:21 pm
"before the Reaper comes”

:-D