Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Niasoey Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:33 am
Hey Everyone,

After doing some research, I have decided to upgrade my 2000xl with a CF card reader(it currently has a zip drive).

I was told that I needed to install v1.20 before in stall the CF reader. Is the only option to download 1.20 onto a zip disk and install it that way? The reason i ask is because these zip drives dont seem to be working well with my mac (currently running Mojave, not sure if that has anything todo with it).

I also read that some people say I can use the CF card to install v1.20.

What is the best way for me to go about this?

Thanks!
By JUKE 179r Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 am
What OS do you have installed now?

What brand is your CF card reader? If it's an Addonics or StarTech you'll need to install OS1.2 prior to using those brand of card readers in the 2000XL.
I'm guessing you already have an external Zip drive? Find someone with a PC computer that you can download the OS1.2 to the Zip Drive and Disk.

If you have a SCSI card reader, you can install it and later add OS1.2 if you want.
When I had my 2000XL, I preferred OS1.14 for my SCSI card readers but that's another story from your Uncle Juke.
By Niasoey Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:40 am
Hi Juke,

I actually dont have a CF reader yet. It seems like the SCSI card reader would be the way to go? Since i basically and just plug in and i'll be good to go right?

Thanks!
JUKE 179r wrote:What OS do you have installed now?

What brand is your CF card reader? If it's an Addonics or StarTech you'll need to install OS1.2 prior to using those brand of card readers in the 2000XL.
I'm guessing you already have an external Zip drive? Find someone with a PC computer that you can download the OS1.2 to the Zip Drive and Disk.

If you have a SCSI card reader, you can install it and later add OS1.2 if you want.
When I had my 2000XL, I preferred OS1.14 for my SCSI card readers but that's another story from your Uncle Juke.
By JUKE 179r Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:34 pm
Check out the SCSI2SD card reader for your MPC2000XL. I prefer the 5.0b version of SCSI2SD... http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD
Install the SCSI2SD and the 50 pin SCSI ribbon cable and you'll be good to go.