Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Happy12 Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 am
Hi everybody,
Yesterday i got my first mpc. I shot a 2000XL very cheap on ebay.
So i got the mpc and did a little research what to ckeck first to make sure that everything works. Pads ins and outs alle the button everything works fine.
Because i like the feel of the pads on this maschine i now want also to use my instruments in logic pro x and trigger them with the mpc.
I searched on Youtube and found this video:

I thought yeah it looks super easy lets do it.
I did everything the same like the guy in this video.

Mpc midi in into my focusrite saffire midi out
Mpc midi out into saffire midi in
On the mpc i did everything exactly like he did but when i hit any pad there was no reaction in logic.
Can somebody here help me out? That would be amazing :)
By tapedeck Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:00 pm
its really cool when you get it to work. there is a post in this forum about doing it with a 4000 that got me going. search around the forum for that. 'mpc 4000 and logic' or something...
By Happy12 Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:07 am
thank u man, i figured it already out it was just in the settings of logic.
the pads work very well with each instrument in logic now. the only thing i cant find out is how to get the play, record, and noterepeat button to run.
if someone has an idea would be great :)
By JUKE 179r Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:16 am
Back in the day, Akai used to have a great help page for MPC configurations with DAW apps.
I think I saved their 2000XL and Logic info to PDF. I'll look for it and post it on here.

BTW... MPC-Tutor has an extensive tutorial for MPC and Logic... https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/181/logic-pro-mpc/
By Happy12 Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:47 am
JUKE 179r wrote:Back in the day, Akai used to have a great help page for MPC configurations with DAW apps.
I think I saved their 2000XL and Logic info to PDF. I'll look for it and post it on here.

BTW... MPC-Tutor has an extensive tutorial for MPC and Logic... https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/181/logic-pro-mpc/

Hi JUKE, taht would be very nic if u can find this PDF :worthy:
I saw that on MPC-Tutor toobut its for an older Logic Version and i dont want to spent 18$ for something that mayb not helps me.
By Happy12 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 pm
Thx for help guys.
the midi ports of my focusrite interface didnt work right. i bought an usb midi interface and all worked instantly like in the video.