Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By eightsixteen Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:25 pm
Let's see if I can explain this right. Last night while I was working on a sequence, I loaded a new sound in the bank and when I pressed PLAY I seemed to loose the sound output from the MPC. It's hard to explain, none of the pads made any noise, the sequence played, but there were no sounds output. This has happened before, but I ignored the problem because what I was working on was not that important. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong that I'm not aware of?

By brainwashcloth Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:46 pm
probably switch the track to midi: off maybe?

By eightsixteen Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:01 pm
No, that's the first thing I thought of. Then I did something stupid, I SAVED what I had and restarted. I tried to load it up again and it did the same thing. I think it somehow erased the sequence or disabled something. Then I went to bed and cried for the first time since my momma left me on someone's doorstep years ago (kidding, I cried last week over spilled milk).

By brainwashcloth Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:07 pm
or another track could be solod or something? i dunno take a look at all the tracks on it in step and see if your data is still there.

By E.A. Flow Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:59 pm
8-16: Check the post "check your programs". I accidentally posted a new topic instead of a reply.

My bad.