Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:38 pm
You can bend MIDI notes using a MIDI controller, but you cant bend any of the internal samples.

You can vary notes by assigning a pad to the Note Vaiation slider - you can change filter, tuning, attack and decay in real time.

By LastWord Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:22 am
"...using the note variation slider"...but the change doesn´t appear until the sound is played again i.e (as far as I know) there is no way to "bend" internal sounds. In fact changes to all parameters (pan, filter, volume etc) only occur the next time a sound is played i.e you cannot perform filter sweeps or "pan sweeps" etc.

By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:19 am
Well, you can perform filter sweeps, not a smoothly as with other samplers, but if you read the 'sequencer tricks' tutorial, it shows you how to do this.

By Mddl Fngr Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:46 pm
Last edited by Mddl Fngr on Mon May 17, 2004 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By cybernaga595 Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:01 pm
Pan one of them hard left, and the other hard right.

How does one go about this exactly? what are the steps on the mpc to pan? thanx for any help

By brainwashcloth Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:11 pm
go to the mixer screen (shift 7 i think) and change the pan knob (upper most row of knobs) for whatever sound you want to pan.

By brainwashcloth Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:14 pm
damn i just looked that up on the pdf manual i have.
HOT!
im gonna have to try this out, i never noticed this before when i was learning my mpc years ago and didnt know what a filter envlope was and was reading the manual page by page.
mpc2000 is still full of suprises after 3 years.
By Mddl Fngr Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:40 pm