Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Juan lavoe Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:21 am
I just bought an xl. I was given to me with a sd card with drums. I made my first beat and saved. When i turn the mpc on, it automatically loads th beat i made, with all the sequences and stuff.
By mrcrappypantson Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:31 pm
Supercharge your MPC2000XL. The Akai FMX008M adds 8MB of Flash ROM to your MPC2000XL. The 8MB of Flash Rom is non-volitile, meaning that when you power-down and power-up your MPC, your project and samples will still be open and loaded.

Flash ROM can be more than a convenience-- it can be a life saver. Power outage? System crash? The flash will be there, saving your work for you.

The FMX008M is a great way to save all your ideas and new songs without relying on floppy disks or ZIP drives. All your data (up to 8MB) will be there, waiting for your return.
By tapedeck Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:03 pm
pretty sure the xl will load the first aps it comes across on the drive. this might be an option you can disable.

go into your drive, create a folder, and re-save in that. then delete the aps and all file from the root directory.

use folders, dont ever name anything with a name longer than 8 characters or you will regret it when you hook up to a computer.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 pm
Yep.

2kxl you can create an AUTOLOAD folder that will, autoload whatever is in it.
or if in the ROOT media directory the 2kxl will load the first APS, PGM and ALL it see.

IMO each project should have it's own folder.

This is all in the manual.