Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By jaijai511 Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:51 pm
Hey, how are you guys? I'm new to the MPC 2000 Classic and was having trouble finding out how to make samples cut each other off. I was wonder if anyone had any idea how do that for both a complete sample group and for one pad cutting just one other pad. For example a closed hat cutting off a open hat. Is this at all possible on the MPC 2000 Classic?
By joeyparedes15 Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:57 am
Harmoncj wrote:highlight OVERLAP (MONO, POLY) hit OPEN WINDOW and select which pads you want to mute.

if you really want a mute group, I think you can use simultaneous pads to mute 6 things total

or try Program>Params> "Note Off" this may help out with how long you want a certain pad to play for and for "note off" mode the note will play as long as you press and hold the pad and the sound will stop as soon as you let go of the pad
By peterpiper Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:04 am
^^+1
This is also a good way to get a feel for rhythm. Hittin pads with oneshot samples is one thing. Playin longer notes is another thing. It might be hard at the beginning but keep practicing. It's worth IMO.
However there is a way to have 7 pads cut out eachother. Low Hiss (the guy who also build a DIY SP1200) shows how this work in this video. You can also download the file from the link below the video