Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Baru Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:49 am
let go of a pad? if i hit a pad for a second the sample continues playing even when i let it go.

and if it is possible, how can i save it like that so i wont have to change it all the time?
By dj_evs Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:26 am
If the pad is set to "note off" then when you let go it SHOULD stop playing....You can possibly make a pad that has no sound on it, and when it is pressed, turns off that sample that you are talking about. To do that, go to where you set the sound to poly/mono or note off, and select that and hit "open window" from there you can assign that silent pad to turn off the sound that is playing that you are trying to get rid of. I hope this made sense as I have been drinking, and might not be extremely clear.

By brainwashcloth Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:09 pm
to expand on what dj_evs was saying about having an empty pad mute a sustained sound, this can be really fun. you can set up a couple of sustained sounds that are set to be muted by an nearby empty pad, then you can play beats in using the 'empty' more were a snare would be to get a rythmic cutting up the sustained sounds beat going. can be very very cool if you play around with it some and get the feel for it.