Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Danoc Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm
40Beatz wrote:I thnk he was being sarcastic lol

Word LOL

Would you get :

OR

The New MPC One?

I swear I would get the 2000XL over the MPC One!
By Funkydrops Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:21 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Good approach. Also the 2500 is still functionally improving because of JJOS. If he could implement, the ability to render stems, I'll buy a 2500 right now. :nod:

Menco wrote:This one looks really slick. Don’t know how well XL projects translate over to the software, otherwise you can save the beat to SD, import it in the SW and explode/ export from there. I kind of do this with the 2500, import my 2500 beat into the SW when in plugin mode in Logic.

This has never been an issue, as you can actually print stems very easily in the 2.5 : it's the mixdown option available in song mode that allows you to resample as a wav file the entire chain of sequences that compose the Song.

So the flow goes:

Compose Sequences respecting a consistent order of Tracks (same Track order in all Sequences)
Arrange Sequences in a Song
Create a new Sequence out of the Song
Create a new Song containing ONLY the new Sequence

THEN, for each Track you need to Stem:

Select the newly created Sequence
Go in Track Mute
Play with the track mutes to select which track you want to stem
Go back to the Song that contains the single Sequence
Mixdown the Song to a Sample

REPEAT until done and save your Stems
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 am
Yeah, thats waaaay too long of a process for me. I would want stem rendering like the mpc live/x or I'm going to track out the entire song in one pass. If that is the case, I'll stick with 4000. :nod:

Funkydrops wrote:This has never been an issue, as you can actually print stems very easily in the 2.5 : it's the mixdown option available in song mode that allows you to resample as a wav file the entire chain of sequences that compose the Song.

So the flow goes:

Compose Sequences respecting a consistent order of Tracks (same Track order in all Sequences)

Go in Track Mute

By Funkydrops Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Yeah, thats waaaay too long of a process for me. I would want stem rendering like the mpc live/x or I'm going to track out the entire song in one pass. If that is the case, I'll stick with 4000. :nod:

Funkydrops wrote:This has never been an issue, as you can actually print stems very easily in the 2.5 : it's the mixdown option available in song mode that allows you to resample as a wav file the entire chain of sequences that compose the Song.

So the flow goes:

Go in Track Mute

Yeah, maybe it's a bit boring having to switch from track mute to song mode per any track, but if you think about it when you have only two inputs in your card you have to pass by a similar process, to track out single channels... also working with a phrase sampler implies workarounds to multitrack out, so I guess it really depends on your personal workflow, whether you consider it normal or cumbersome
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:39 am
Funkydrops wrote:
Yeah, maybe it's a bit boring having to switch from track mute to song mode per any track, but if you think about it when you have only two inputs in your card you have to pass by a similar process, to track out single channels... also working with a phrase sampler implies workarounds to multitrack out, so I guess it really depends on your personal workflow, whether you consider it normal or cumbersome

The best thing to do is buy, a better card with more inputs. It's also important to select gear, that makes your job easier and more efficient, so you can be more creative. I track out 16 track out at a time, with the ability to do 24. Overall it's not boring, but there are better ways to do it.

Danoc wrote::hmmm: what in the world are yall talking about?

Sharing ways for recording stems from a MPC, that can't render like the LIVE/X.
By Danoc Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:25 pm
:worthy: That right there. So everyone's setup will be probably different, their own studio finger print.

Plus looking at this.

CharlesRandolph wrote:It's also important to select gear, that makes your job easier and more efficient, so you can be more creative.