Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Scrawny Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:05 am
The MPC2000 and XL don't have real time adjustments on the NV slider like the MPC1000 does, but in would it be possible to split a short sound up into 3 parts, and use the simultaneous mode on the program screen to make them trigger in the right order with dead silence between the parts?

Does the NV slider affect the pads linked to the pad you've selected?

If not, is there any way to get close to real-time adjustments with the NV slider?
By Lampdog Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:31 pm
2kxl/2k NV slider changes the assigned param ONLY when the sample is RE-TRIGGERED.
Read the manual on how the NV slider works.
By Scrawny Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:22 pm
Lampdog wrote:2kxl/2k NV slider changes the assigned param ONLY when the sample is RE-TRIGGERED.
Read the manual on how the NV slider works.

I understand that it only works when you trigger the sample again, hence the "FAUX" in the title.

I was asking whether or not my workaround would work, or if there are any others.
By Scrawny Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:28 am
Lampdog wrote:Simultaneous means at the same time. Dead silence would have to be IN the sample(s).

That's exactly what I meant.

(Sample 1/3)
( Silence ) (Sample 2/3)
( Silence ) ( Silence ) (Sample 3/3)
By Lampdog Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:45 am
What is stopping you from simply sequencing that?

NV Slider only deals with the pad it’s assigned to.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:47 pm
2k/2kxl NV Slider only applies itself when retriggered. OS is not supported anymore nor are there any updates. No one is actively developing for it. As of right now there is zero chance of NV slider being improved. Do what you can with it as it is.