Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Bybigghawg Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:55 pm
After knockin' down a few 40's and turnin' my hat backwards for some dope dope super fresh beat makin' and biscuit rollin', I ran into a problem:

I was samping the 808 stick and closed high hat, both of which are very short samples, when I tried playing them back after I had trimmed them in the "trim" screen, they wouldn't play. Is there a minimum sample length for the MPC to play? After second and third attempts to record the same two sounds, I ran into the same problem. I did try sampling synth chords and they worked fine.

Was my beat just toooooo deep and dope for the MPC (I bet it was!), or was it the sample length?

Vanilla Ice ain't gonna know who took him out!
By dj_evs Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:54 am
Well sober up, and turn your hat back around to the normal way to wear it, and you should be fine. Were those pads set to "note off"? possibly? keep trying I guess. You beat must have been super dope...................? :roll:

By blaqsoul Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:09 pm
Maybe you already got the answer to this but here goes anyway. For the MPC, the min. sample length has to be over 30ms or it won't be playable. Load the sample into Sound Forge or Cool Edit and add some silence at the end of it.
8)