Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

how do you save your files

80%
20%
By Boogie Man Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:56 am
Do you know if the timestretching capabilities are better off if someone used wav. files instead of sound files? Meaning, would it process faster. And would this also be true for resampling? Also, do you think its better to save files as wav. vs. files? I myself am starting to save everything as wavs.

By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:20 am
Theres no difference - both contain the same amount of data. A wav file is better because it loads into a computer as well, but has the disadvantage of being incompatible with older MPCs

By brainwashcloth Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:18 pm
no reason to have a poll for this.
i dont have an xl, just the regular old mpc2000 for me. so i save sounds as wav on my computer when i sample them (into the computer) then run it through mpc editor (which makes them snds) sooo what i save them as has nothing to do with what format i use.

until the XL, the pgm format didnt include file extension info (only the filename) but internally the mpc automatically converts the waves you load to be snds anyways as soon as you assign them to a pad. i guess the XL doesnt but that is how the oldschool does it. of course the oldschool doesnt have timestretch but like tutor said, they are the SAME exact data just with a different extension and maybe a slightly different file header.