Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By SETI Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:53 pm
Hi people I’m new to this but i just bought a 8 output upgrade from a s2000 to stick into my 2kxl I know I need to mod the mounting plate to fit so I had a look around for both tutorials on how to fit the cable and mod the mounting plate but all the images are removed now so I can’t tell which way to put the ribbon cable in I’ve read a shit load of nightmares from putting the ribbon cable in the wrong way and id really love to avoid that problem
any help is super appreciated
thanks in advance
By JUKE 179r Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:16 pm
Welcome to the forum.

I remember you have to hack saw off part of the mount plate for it to fit, properly ground the mount plate with 2 (?) screws and the rear 3(?) holes should line up and then use screws to secure it in place.
****The biggest concern is ….. making sure you insert the ribbon cable the correct way or you'll burn up a resistor making the 2000XL no worky.
By SETI Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:22 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Welcome to the forum.

I remember you have to hack saw off part of the mount plate for it to fit, properly ground the mount plate with 2 (?) screws and the rear 3(?) holes should line up and then use screws to secure it in place.
****The biggest concern is ….. making sure you insert the ribbon cable the correct way or you'll burn up a resistor making the 2000XL no worky.

Cheers man
Yeah this is the problem I can’t find anything to show me what way is the right way got the fear haha I don’t want to mess it up