Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By softly Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:39 pm
Hey guys

I can't seem to find a topic treating the same problem that i have
i bought a 2000XL a few months ago. I didnt check everything as much as i should have, and i did not have a proper mixer, the 8 outputs didnt seem to work but i put it aside, thinking it came from me doing something wrong.

Now that i have a mixer i need those freaking outputs. So i opened the MPC, to realise the cable wasn't connected.
So I watched a video, plugged it in, thinking it was done.
After that, when switched on the MPC was stuck on a "Wait ......" screen. It looked shady so i didnt leave it like that for long, opened it back, connected the cable the other way (i know, bad idea, but back then i didn't).
Same Wait .... screen when I switched on the MPC ...

So right now i disconnected the cable again, the MPC is working fine like it used to.
Did anybody get the same problem with its 8 outputs board ?
What does it looks like ? The cable is ruined ? The board ? Any easy way to know ? i don't have electric gear to test it (and im a noob)
thanks
By NearTao Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:45 pm
Find somebody in your area who's willing to try switching parts on their system and seeing if you can triage the issue?

As you may have deduced... could be the 8 out board, could be the ribbon, could be the main board... no way for anybody here to know... and I doubt anybody here is going to suggest that you buy another 8 out board because... well... none of us are likely to have a clue what the issue is even if we've experienced something similar.

Personally... I'd check that all the capacitors look okay... but you've already said you don't have the electric gear to test... and I'm guessing you're not into soldering in new parts.
By 2Mb Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:43 am
If you plugged cable wrong way even once then there is a thread you can find that will tell you what part got blown out. Its right by the plug for the 8 output board. See if it looks burnt. Even if it doesnt look burnt it might be broken. You can download the 2000xl schematics. If u can find anyone who works on electronics tell them you heard that r1 might be broken.