Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By psr Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm
That sounds crazy to me in 2020 but it was my first MPC and I sold it when I moved from Chicago to LA. Lately, I've been nostalgic for another one and finally found one for a price I was willing to go for. I supposed I'll be upgrading a few things

SD Card Reader - Floppy emulator
Pads
Potentially all of the buttons depending on what kind of shape they are in.
maybe the screen.

im excited to dig into my faithful classic

(low key - i'll probably be super annoyed with the slowness compared to modern boxes)
By CharlesRandolph Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 pm
psr wrote:That sounds crazy to me in 2020 but it was my first MPC and I sold it when I moved from Chicago to LA. Lately, I've been nostalgic for another one and finally found one for a price I was willing to go for. I supposed I'll be upgrading a few things

SD Card Reader - Floppy emulator
Pads
Potentially all of the buttons depending on what kind of shape they are in.
maybe the screen.

im excited to dig into my faithful classic

(low key - i'll probably be super annoyed with the slowness compared to modern boxes)

Most likely in the saving department, sample edit, and the lack of file export. Other then that it's not so bad, once the sounds are in the machine. Just be prepared, because you will reach to touch the screen. :lol:
By psr Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:19 pm
yeah I know i'll reach for a touch screen. lol
ain't it crazy how you can anticipate something like this as if you hadn't already owned one for years before.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:26 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Just be prepared, because you will reach to touch the screen. :lol:

Going back and forth from Triton to 4k I’ve done that MANY times in the past.
:Sigh: :Sigh:

@psr, your in LA, next time I roll up there to meet Fam I should look you up, come shake your hand, I’m in SD. Enjoy reading your works...
By CharlesRandolph Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 pm
psr wrote:yeah I know i'll reach for a touch screen. lol
ain't it crazy how you can anticipate something like this as if you hadn't already owned one for years before.

Lampdog wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Just be prepared, because you will reach to touch the screen. :lol:

Going back and forth from Triton to 4k I’ve done that MANY times in the past.
:Sigh: :Sigh:

@psr, your in LA, next time I roll up there to meet Fam I should look you up, come shake your hand, I’m in SD. Enjoy reading your works...

I walk around touching picture frames and mirrors. :lol: