Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By psyclones prod. Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:18 pm
alright....I'm trying to layout a song. I recorded the hihat, kick, snare, bassline, and melody on seperate tracks in one sequence. Now I'm trying to put each track seperately in the song mode, so at the end they all play together at once. I'm having trouble doing this. Do I have to put each track in a different sequence? Please hit me up with some steps on creating a complete song..I'm a beginner mp user! thanx
Psyclones

By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:25 pm
create your first sequence, this should be made of separate tracks, each with a different instrument on each track. Then proceed to make lots more sequences with variations of playing, each sequence having the same order of tracks (i.e. snare always track 1, kick always track 2 etc). In song mode, play around with what sequence goes where - that's about it really! When you hit play in song mode, it will play your sequences in the order you programmed, and all tracks will play at the same time. If you want to solo any track, go to any sequence, solo it and return to song mode and only that track will play.