Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By simon_btn Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Hi folks,

I'm new here, so apologies if this has been addressed in a different thread.

I've recently been gifted an MPC 2000XL, but unfortunately having issues with the memory.

The unit has had a CF card reader installed, but the MPC itself doesn't seem to read the card (the card is Sandisk Ultra Compact Flash 30MB/s 4GB). Would this memory be listed as "F-ROM"? I'm unable to save anything and when trying, just get a very quick flash of the "wait" message and nothing happens. Also, there's a green light on the CF reader which points to it being connected properly.

I'm really keen to get this working as I've always wanted one - any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Si
By richie Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:02 am
Everything CF related has been addressed 300 times over.

Could you please put as much effort into this post as one would to click the search function?
By 2Mb Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:45 am
simon_btn wrote:Hi folks,

I'm new here, so apologies if this has been addressed in a different thread.

I've recently been gifted an MPC 2000XL, but unfortunately having issues with the memory.

The unit has had a CF card reader installed, but the MPC itself doesn't seem to read the card (the card is Sandisk Ultra Compact Flash 30MB/s 4GB). Would this memory be listed as "F-ROM"? I'm unable to save anything and when trying, just get a very quick flash of the "wait" message and nothing happens. Also, there's a green light on the CF reader which points to it being connected properly.

I'm really keen to get this working as I've always wanted one - any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Si

It is not f-rom
It would show up as ATAPI
You didnt mention if you tried formatting it.
Come back when you can post pictures of how its hooked up.