Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Byblacstarline Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:30 pm
OK, I'm new to the forum, new to the MPC and new to home recording. Not to get into any of my history with music, but I've been around music for a while, but my education has been limited. I just purchased an MPC2000XL and I need some info on what is the best interface hardware to hook my MPC to my PC using Cubase software. I planned on purchasing the digidesign 001 when ever I could afford it, but in the mean time, I thought a Midiman would do the job to get MPC sounds into the PC. Am I headed in the right direction? Do I need to purchase some other device with a SCSI opposed to Midiman's USB connection? Am I even asking these questions right?

By Dj:A Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:07 pm
well, if you are just wanting to get the MPC audio into your computer, I think the Digi 001 is an excellant choice - when you can afford it.

Until that time, why would you want to spend $3-500 on a audio interface, when the digi001 is coming down to like $700 or so? I think you should look into something a little more simple, like maybe one of the edirol audio interfaces, new on www.musiciansfriend.com these run between $85 and $100, and have a fine input for recording the stereo outs from an mpc. If you want are wanting to record midi, you can pick up a midi to serial port cable off ebay for almost nothing. The point is, either buy a digi001 right away (giving you great audio and midi capabilities) or get something really cheap until you can, rather than spending almost the price of a 001 on something else.

Why don't you post your computer specs and exactly what you are wanting to happen (audio recording + midi, or just audio)