Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By padrino_fatbeats Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 am

Very often I am using my machine and this happens to me, in the middle of the creative process this is quite annoying, since I have to start again from 0.
also my machine works very slow. do you know of any upgrade method? software or hardware?
I appreciate your help mates.
By Harmoncj Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:22 pm
I am unsure, you are probably using the XL version. I found a few things that will crash the 2000 classic. basically if you have envelopes longer than the samples , like hihats, any time the envelopes hit max polyphony before the samples do it crashes. so just make an extra effort theres no reason to use attack or decay of 100 on a short sample

and then if you are experimenting with short 1 bar sequence loop lengths some reason... don't do that.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:39 pm
Untrapped error, something that was never fixed and never “trapped” so when it comes up it doesn’t bother you and you could keep going. No way around it now since the OS is not supported anymore. Whatever you were doing to make that happen, don’t do it again,
By Ayto Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 am
Got the same problem Image lost a lot of beats ..

change Ram 3 days ago ... today got different message
i run 1.14 OS and SCSI2SD

Must upgrade to 1.20 or nothing change?

ps. sorry for ma bad english :-D
By Lampdog Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:10 pm
I explained it above.
By RUT Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:51 pm
A small value on A and R could allready trigger this fatal error.
@Harmoncj: do you know what the actual timings are on the envelopes?
I would like to calculate/ estimate what the boundaries are before it goes belly up.

It’s a sketchy envelope, as I found out that the velocity also playes a part in this. It seems less velocity changes the A and R ratios.

Harmoncj wrote:I am unsure, you are probably using the XL version. I found a few things that will crash the 2000 classic. basically if you have envelopes longer than the samples , like hihats, any time the envelopes hit max polyphony before the samples do it crashes. so just make an extra effort theres no reason to use attack or decay of 100 on a short sample

and then if you are experimenting with short 1 bar sequence loop lengths some reason... don't do that.
By Harmoncj Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:29 pm
RUT wrote:@Harmoncj: do you know what the actual timings are on the envelopes?
I would like to calculate/ estimate what the boundaries are before it goes belly up.

yea I do! you can test this out, the envelope times happen to be exactly the same length as velocity->start trick times. So you get 5 seconds max and the values are skewed in the very same way you get fine control on the lowest numbers and each higher number keeps making a larger increment in time.

and then I shit you not, the envelope length is also linked to pitch. So if you tune a sample to -120(half speed / octave whatever you want to call it) your longest envelope is now 10 seconds!

pretty sure the filter envelope is not linked to pitch