Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By Flux302 Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:39 pm
does anyone know the part number for the slider?... i found a bunch on mouser.com but i don't know wich is it.... wanna be sure ya know.

By Stone Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:19 pm
cooocooo1 wrote:Top part.

There are 4 tabs on each side, the metal part is what you're trying to get off, not the white plastic part. Also, the smallest srewdriver I had(it's tiny) wasn't small enough to get in there, I had to use a tool with a really sharp point (looked more like a shank than a tool)

Here's a pic:

Um, where's the picture man?? I'm pretty sure I know what u r talking about when you say the "4 tabs" on each side. I just want to make sure which one's you are talking about before I start bending things. Or shoot, I'll just ask. One the METAL piece, on both of the sides I notice 4 "tabs" that don't exactly touch the "motherboard". Are these the ones you are talking about?

By slickslack Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:28 am
Where on mouser.com did anyone find the part to replace the NV slider?
I tried cleaning mine but it still doesn't work.
If anyone can put up those photos of how to get the slider cover off that would be great. Like everyone else here I don't want to go and screw anything up. I can't tell how the slider connects to the board and I wouldn't want to snap it off with too much force.

Slick

By JoBu One Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:26 am
Hey Flux302 Go to http://www.akaipro.com/contact.html and give them a call, ask for the part number. I had it writen down, but threw it away when I was done. I'm suprised to see alot of people having the same damn problem with that thing......Mine never worked....My boy told me I was missing out and it's easy and cheap to replace. So I'll see in about a week when I crack that **** open......

By coolrahool Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:46 pm
I wanna fix my slider too, i know this is an old thread . I cant seen to open that picture though(of the assembly
By rc Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 am
I just fixed my slider, thanks for the advice! I didn't need the photos either, just be very careful pulling out those tabs on the metal slider casing.
By dgny Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:53 pm
Manik, you are a genius. I never used my slider, due to the fact it was "broken". Not!!

Now it feels as though my machine is complete. I always wanted to trim samples with the slider instead of the wheel or numeric pad. I got my wish.

I understand how the track and contact points get dirty, but how did they get bent outta shape? All i know is im a happy camper after following your tutorial. :wink:

By The Machinist Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:26 am
I have a question for one of you who've already fixed your slider. Before I even start bending parts, are the little contacts supposed to be flat or pointed upward (like the picture below)?

This picture is from the slider in my 2000xl (broken nv slider). I was thinking about taking apart my other unit to see if it's sliders are flat or "upright", but if I can keep from going into it too...:roll:

So, flat or upright? I can see the bent parts, so that's to be fixed either way. I just need to know if you all are straightening yours to an angle, flat against the base it's attached to, or pointing up (as in my photo). For those who don't follow, I'm taking about the little contact prongs. Thanks for any help.

By djrespect Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:36 am
since these contacts should slide over the carbon contact on the slider they should not (or can't) point straight up like in the picture. on the other hand they shouldn't be completely flat, since they won't have a contact then. try something in the middle so the contacts won't push on the carbon surface too hard but still maintain contact all the time.....something like 30° should be ok

....this thread just won't die... :lol:

By The Machinist Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:54 am
Thanks, will try that....otherwise I'll have to hunt down the part in the U.S or just keep not using it.

As for the thread, yeah, I was looking at some of the dates....this sh!t is old. If it wasn't for someone resurrecting it, I would've never known it existed....unless it turned up in a search. :wink:

By The Machinist Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:18 pm
Just a headsup, VST has these in stock for about $8. I just ordered two, and had one put in in place of the broken one above. Works great now.

By Ainz Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:53 pm
The Machinist wrote:Just a headsup, VST has these in stock for about $8. I just ordered two, and had one put in in place of the broken one above. Works great now.

Can you put up a link to where to buy it?

Thanks

By The Machinist Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:18 pm
It's not on the website or their online store oddly.

You can call Nick directly at 626-794-8196 ext.103, he can probably get them shipped out today or tomorrow for you. Or you can give him or another rep an email at [email protected]
By boney. Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:50 pm
glad i found this thread, im just getting started on a second hand mpc2000, first i learn it doesnt have the multieffect, i can deal with that, but then the note variation slider doesn't work, i was about to go apeshit.