Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By TurnItUp Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:44 pm

Thank yu cooocooo1, I really was ol school on this one... (***coughhhhhhhhhhhhh***)

By jb502 Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:38 pm
thanks man, i did this, and it worked perfect for me too.

By lo-fi Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:00 am
U trim with the slider??? how do u do that?

See? The manual is not completely useless. Imagine using the MPC for years and only now discovering slider trimming. It's the best thing about the slider!

That's why I don't understand why Akai didn't implement it on the MPC1000; it has two sliders so they could do start and end points, whithout shift. Can't believe they missed that.

By SCI Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:44 pm
yo can you post that pic again please i cant see it.

By Ainz Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:32 pm
i know this is an old thread...but i just used the search function and am going through the process of fixing my slider....does anyone have the pictures that were posted?...they arent showing up anymore on this thread

The pix would help a lot...so i know what i'm supposed to be looking for..

Thanks

By Ainz Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:29 am
ok i just did this...and i still have the same problem....nothing worked for me....
this is what has been and what STILL is happening

I load up a sound, and assign the slider to change the tuning......if i put the slider all the way up, and then hit the pad 3 times,
-the 1st hit - the sound is normal (no variation)
-the 2nd hit, the sound is altered (recognizes variation)
-3rd hit - no matter what i do to the slider, it stays at the same tuning as the second hit

did i make that clear?.....

has anyone ever heard of this problem?

By mpc3000 Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:06 pm
I really think it is more trouble to spend couple hours to fix a $5 slider than it is to replace it.

By Ainz Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:46 am
good for you

By Ainz Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 am
i highly doubt its $5 to fix......and i happen to disagree with you

By mpc3000 Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 pm
"i highly doubt its $5 to fix......and i happen to disagree with you"

The slider can be bought for $5 at mouser.com, therefore, I can replace it for $5.

By RonDu Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:59 am
Ainz wrote:ok i just did this...and i still have the same problem....nothing worked for me....
this is what has been and what STILL is happening

I load up a sound, and assign the slider to change the tuning......if i put the slider all the way up, and then hit the pad 3 times,
-the 1st hit - the sound is normal (no variation)
-the 2nd hit, the sound is altered (recognizes variation)
-3rd hit - no matter what i do to the slider, it stays at the same tuning as the second hit

did i make that clear?.....

has anyone ever heard of this problem?

That's the problem I have with mine. The sh*t don't change once the sound is altered.

By Ainz Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:02 am
mpc3000 wrote:"i highly doubt its $5 to fix......and i happen to disagree with you"

The slider can be bought for $5 at mouser.com, therefore, I can replace it for $5.

thats crazy..... why was i never told this before? where is it at on there??
If i would have known it was that cheap i probably would have done that....
good lookin out on the info mpc3000...and sorry for comin off at you sideways...i guess i was expecting someone to give me a clearer response or something a little more informative...and you're right.. i spent a long ass time takin this apart, now i wish i would have just replaced it...

But im stull not sure if thats the problem or not...how do i know it isnt something else?....how hard is it to REPLACE the slider?....and what pieces do you get?...is it just the actual metal piece that slides?

@RonDu

Have you been able to figure out why its doing it?....i havent dont a lof of reasearch...i just kinda work around the problem , but it would be good to someday get it working

By RonDu Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:31 pm
Nah. I don't know what the problem is. I guess I don't have a need to use it so I'm like "f*ck it"

By Ainz Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:36 pm
RonDu wrote:Nah. I don't know what the problem is. I guess I don't have a need to use it so I'm like "f*ck it"

thats how i was for a long time but now, its getting to the point where i have a lot of time on my hands and i'm starting to utilize everything i can...(on the MPC) ....

i dont know...i just think i would use it if i could......

By djrespect Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:36 am
****!!! SHIT!!!! ****!!!!!!!! I just hit my nv slider with my ellbow accidentaly!!
I think I'll have to try your method, manik!