Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Jimmy&Rac Mon May 11, 2020 8:19 am
Hi has anyone done that?? Heard about it before but never seen many for sale at an affordable price at all.
It is a pretty cool feature to have and i think it should be deserved and affordable for all the 2000/XL users. I had this thought recently while im at the dilemma that my xl's os was screwed accidentally with the card reader.

Im not an expert at all with all this but I have the interest to clone this board or maybe other mpc PCB boards in the future.
I can also try to get in touch with some professional factories in China to produce them at a more acceptable price. :-D
THanks
By JVC Mon May 11, 2020 2:04 pm
Jimmy&Rac wrote:Hi has anyone done that?? Heard about it before but never seen many for sale at an affordable price at all.
It is a pretty cool feature to have and i think it should be deserved and affordable for all the 2000/XL users. I had this thought recently while im at the dilemma that my xl's os was screwed accidentally with the card reader.

Im not an expert at all with all this but I have the interest to clone this board or maybe other mpc PCB boards in the future.
I can also try to get in touch with some professional factories in China to produce them at a more acceptable price. :-D
THanks

2000XL users don't really get much advantage by adding FMX008M module. I see that it is great for 2000 Classic users who have to have boot disk ready each time turning on the machine.

I think that installing SCSI memory card reader would be a much better solution, although you have to manage manage to have SCSI connection internally. Fortunately there is a solution for that already (basically connect to SCSI port on the back of 2000 Classic, and pull that cable to inside), so you don't have to solder SCSI port inside!

I think this should work with 2000 classic;
https://store.inertialcomputing.com/SCS ... d-v5.1.htm

The hardest part is to find the right connector so that you can route from the external SCSI port to internal 3.5 enclosure area.