Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Byhalftone Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:34 am
Every time I am getting complex with my beats on the MPC (resampling, cut and paste, and sometimes even the simple bar copy) it freezes and a screen with a bunch of numbers and commands come up. (like some sort of de-bugging program) everything gets lost. This has happened at the most crucial times :x . I've reinstalled the OS three times and it still does this. It has all the original memory, but the only thing in my mind is that I bought it off the floor at a music shop and someone must of spilled something on it. eric if you are reading this i'm not blaming your store or anything, i just love my mpc :D (when it works right) (PBF $1399)
-Taylor

By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:39 am
Which MPC?

By thynctank Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:05 am
I've had my non-XL 2000 crash on me twice. Both times it was from overloading the sequencer with external data (knob tweaks and so on) that first slowed down the track whenever it got to the heavily-tweaked point and eventually killed the machine once it reached some breaking point.

Only twice though, and I've since stopped trying to over tweak outboard gear.

Peace,
-tank

By itchyvinyl Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:25 am
Oh, mine (XL) crashes on an almost regular basis. And I've never spilled anything on it. It's usually when I'm hitting too many pads in program params mode.
It's a buggy O/S.
Get used to it.
Last edited by itchyvinyl on Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Byhalftone Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:20 pm
Its an XL special edition that I have. I tried different OS's and they both have the same problem. The thing is, I think that the special editions are full of crap because my freinds normal 2000 doesn't crash (but he has to load the OS everytime though..) Do you guys think that it could be an internal problem?

By E.A. Flow Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:04 am
Mine usually crashes when I let my sequence play and at the same time go into the program screen to tweak a sound's parameters. Happens here and there.

By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:58 am
I've never had it crash since upgrading to 1.14 - but I'm sure there are still loads of bugs in the thing :? 1.12 crashed constantly for me - still, it taught me to save every 60 seconds!

By ilgit Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:48 am
Mine never chrashes for those reasons,...weird,..I only had some problems last night because The scsi port as not good connected.