Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tmay Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:27 pm
Can you tell me how did you hook up you mpc to nuendo. I have a roland xp-80, triton rack, mo phattt and I wanted to know how to hook it up so I can record track for track in nuendo

By tmay Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:26 pm
hey r u there

By brainwashcloth Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:10 pm
I am here, had a very busy weekend! i have a mpc2000, a behringer 16channel mixer and my computer and guitars and basses and mics. my setup is basically the mixer to the computer via the alt 3/4 bus. and the computer comes into a mixer channel of its own. this way any signal on any channel on the mixer can be routed to the computer to be record by muting that channel on the mixer. also i should mention i monitor off of the mixer (not the soundcard).

anyways i use mtc to sync nuendo and the computer. i set nuendo to send mtc 30fps and mmc. i set the mpc to receive mtc 30fps and mmc. set the tempo the same in both. then when i hit play or rec/play on the mpc it pauses until i hit play on nuendo and from that point they both play in sync. this allows me to record audio into nuendo and then work on and record beats on the mpc later or at the same time. once you have sync setup correctly it is very easy to record 1 track at a time to individual tracks in nuendo.