Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By ludwigoos Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 pm
bonjour friends,

the first day I got my 2kxl, I already experienced many problems while booting my mpc. Most of the time it would freeze right at the beginning of the boot process. Everything stops working from there on, so i have to switch it off and on for at least 10 times, until it starts working fine. I already googled alot about the problem, and I found out I had to change/remove the ram, which I did, multiple times aswell. After that, I read in this forum here, that the 8 out board can also cause this problem. So I opened my baby again, removed the ribbon connector of the 8 outs, put everything back together, and from there on, I never experienced a problem again.

Now i bought myself a nice mixer, to use my 8 outs obviously. I reflashed my mpc with the new os, plugged the 8 outs back in, it worked perfect for a few days. But then i got the freeze again. Now, everytime i switch it on it freezes, like I said for maybe 8 to 10 times.
What do you guys reckon, is there a problem with my 8 out board?

Hope someone can help me out

Peace
By backhandslapr Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 pm
I don't have a solution for you but I understand your frustration. I also bought an 8 out expansion that makes my mpc go crazy. Mine doesn't freeze but after playing with the mpc for a couple minutes, all the sounds sampled on the mpc start playing at the same time until the mpc freezes. Never have that issue if the 8 outs is disconnected.
By Certified Beatz Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 am
ludwigoos wrote:bonjour friends,

the first day I got my 2kxl, I already experienced many problems while booting my mpc. Most of the time it would freeze right at the beginning of the boot process. Everything stops working from there on, so i have to switch it off and on for at least 10 times, until it starts working fine. I already googled alot about the problem, and I found out I had to change/remove the ram, which I did, multiple times aswell. After that, I read in this forum here, that the 8 out board can also cause this problem. So I opened my baby again, removed the ribbon connector of the 8 outs, put everything back together, and from there on, I never experienced a problem again.

Now i bought myself a nice mixer, to use my 8 outs obviously. I reflashed my mpc with the new os, plugged the 8 outs back in, it worked perfect for a few days. But then i got the freeze again. Now, everytime i switch it on it freezes, like I said for maybe 8 to 10 times.
What do you guys reckon, is there a problem with my 8 out board?

Hope someone can help me out

Peace

Freezing could be a grounding or loose connection
By ludwigoos Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:03 pm
That seems strange. Because if i leave my mpc on for 20 minutes in frozen state, and i reboot it, theres no problem. it just works fine. it just sucks, because when im in the mood to make a beat i gotta wait 20 minutes, until then all my excitment is gone lol. i read in this forum, that my cf card could also be the problem. one guy said he uses a 4gb sandisk cf card, even though 1gb is only compatible, and he states since then the issue is gone. i would try it but since its so hard to get my hands on a cf card its kind of a hassle. those cards are not that cheap so i dont want to buy just one to then not be able to use it.

by grounding issue, what do you actually mean by that. what would i need to do to fix that.

i have to add: i could have a grounding issue. because sometimes, when im banging on my pads, here and there, my mpc stops making the right sounds. it just sounds all TOTALLY distorted. like for example i got kicks snares and hi hats on my pads, and when i hit them they all just make the same static unpleasant noise. my apt is kinda oldschool (for ex: when i plug something into a socket in my stu, i hear some noise in the speakers, or the light flashes quickly :hmmm: :lol: )

maybe this could help solve my issue.

regards

the italiano
By 0_rayleigh Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:55 am
Hello guys,
any up or info on this ?
I have the same problem, with the 8outs board unplugged the machine works fine, when it's plugged i am stuck on the "Wait..." screen.

Do you know how i can find the source of the problem ? if it is a connection or grounding problem how can i test ? can it be an OS problem ?

thanks !
By richie Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:31 am
I hope you're not plugging in the ribbon backwards.