Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Shmaury Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:09 am
Hello everyone,

I am currently using my mpc2kxl to control my entire studio and ofcourse im loving it.

I know there is a way that u can make the mpc start a certain program/sequence when it powers on but is there any way that u could make it so that it "saves" your work when it powers off? Most of my synths i can power off & on and continue to work where i left off and lets be honest the saving on the mpc is a bit dreadsome and i often forget to do so :roll: . i dont really need an autosave function or anything, just that u can continue to work where u stopped the night before without manually saving and loading programs and sequences.

If anyone has a solution for this i would love to hear it!

thx,
Laurens
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:35 am
Shmaury wrote:Hello everyone,

I am currently using my mpc2kxl to control my entire studio and ofcourse im loving it.

I know there is a way that u can make the mpc start a certain program/sequence when it powers on but is there any way that u could make it so that it "saves" your work when it powers off? Most of my synths i can power off & on and continue to work where i left off and lets be honest the saving on the mpc is a bit dreadsome and i often forget to do so :roll: . i dont really need an autosave function or anything, just that u can continue to work where u stopped the night before without manually saving and loading programs and sequences.

If anyone has a solution for this i would love to hear it!

thx,
Laurens

No, you have to save it. The good thing is, if you're only saving midi data and settings then the saving process is quick and easy. As you know, turning these machines on and off resets everything. This is one reason, having it connected to UPS/Battery Back up is a good idea.
By Shmaury Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:54 pm
Thx for your quick reply,
i never considered that ups battery pack option, must say im intrigued.
i don't know if its a good idea to keep the mpc powered on for 24hours or more though, what do u think?
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm
Shmaury wrote:Thx for your quick reply,
i never considered that ups battery pack option, must say im intrigued.
i don't know if its a good idea to keep the mpc powered on for 24hours or more though, what do u think?

You don't keep it on. You plug the MPC and computer into the UPS, just in case the power turns on and off. Which will cause you to lose whatever it is you were creating, that you didn't save. Never keep it on. :nod:
By mr_debauch Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 am
save onto a floppy or what ever format.... leave the disk in the drive... power on and boom, it loads it automatically. saving is your only concession. other than that, get a roland/boss SP if you want to not deal with saving.