Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By manufracture Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Hi Everyone,

My board is not outputting digital signal so looking for a replacement.
Hit me up if anyone has one they want to sell or know whre I might be able to get one.

Thanks
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:45 pm
NearTao wrote:Well that's pretty dope... never touched a 2k/2kxl... so I guess I just assumed it was straight analog. Time to go back to MPC school :D

:lol: The S5000 / S6000 8 out card is all analog but doesn't work in the MPC 2000/2KXL but the S3000XL and S2000 does but you have to make the cable longer. :lol: They should've just made the same card for them all, they would've sold so many of them.
By richie Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 pm
@manufracture, it would be far cheaper for you to source an S2000 or S3000XL in the uk and take the 8 out board out of that.

You will however need to modify the plate from the S rack sampler to fit in a 2000 unless you want to brave it and use some nuts to hold the 8 out in place from the 1/4" outputs (which can be fine if you are not the kind of person to travel a lot with your XL.)

You'll also need to ground the card.
By manufracture Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:10 pm
Hi There,

Thanks for the info, yes my board is from an old 3000XL I believe.
I purchased a board (short Cable) from Ebay last month... after my engineer installed it the digital I/O was also not working.
Apparently there are 2 versions IB-208P/IB-M208P that are almost identical apart from different cable length and metal plate.
Just not sure which one is in S2000 and 3000XL. Those Samplers are also not so cheap anymore £300 + so not sure if it is worth buying.

Lampdog kindly posted an ebay auction... have been watching that one for some time but reluctant to buy from Japan, pay import duties and end up with the wrong one.
Could someone clarify for me which is the right one for the 2000 classic?

Thanks
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:14 pm
manufracture wrote:Hi There,

Thanks for the info, yes my board is from an old 3000XL I believe.
I purchased a board (short Cable) from Ebay last month... after my engineer installed it the digital I/O was also not working.
Apparently there are 2 versions IB-208P/IB-M208P that are almost identical apart from different cable length and metal plate.
Just not sure which one is in S2000 and 3000XL. Those Samplers are also not so cheap anymore £300 + so not sure if it is worth buying.

Lampdog kindly posted an ebay auction... have been watching that one for some time but reluctant to buy from Japan, pay import duties and end up with the wrong one.
Could someone clarify for me which is the right one for the 2000 classic?

Thanks

Get it from VST the part is: Akai IB-M208P IBM208P 8 Output for MPC2000 MPC2000XL
http://www.vstservice.com/p-209-akai-ib-m208p-ibm208p-8-output-for-mpc2000-mpc2000xl.aspx

By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:41 pm
Appears they're site is not working. They had an ebay store but I can't find it. You could call them and see. Phone: (626) 239-0044 I hope COVID 19 didn't kill them off. The prices on these machines are getting out of hand for sure. :lol:

This is on Ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-outs-for-AKAI-MPC2000XL-drum-output-Expansion-Board/324278401154?hash=item4b807fb882:g:5IgAAOSw~uVfTBDO

US $200.00 with $40 to the UK.
By manufracture Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:42 pm
Thanks for this, that is great. The buyer states that it has not been tested so buy at your risk - not sure If I want that headache if it doesn’t work.

Slight deviation...I have sampled some bits tonight on the MPC spdif but noticed the signal to be fairly quiet when recording although the wave form on the computer is almost at unity!?!?
The wave display inside the MPC is definitely quiter thag the computer.
I tried raising the level on the DAW but that clipped the sample. Thinking I may have set my computer wrong I tried sampling from
my A3000 and the same happened there.
Not sure what’s going on

Quite certain there is not a gain control for the digital i/o. Maybe in mixer settings?
By Lampdog Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:51 pm
No gain on digital.

Don’t buy something that hasn’t been tested to work properly, don’t accept the risk.
Try this..

[email protected]
Instrumentalparts.com
MPCstuff.com
CustomMPC.com

For specials and updates:
Like us on Facebook : facebook.com/instrumentalparts
Add us on Twitter : twitter.com/instrumentalpts