Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JVC Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:51 pm
Hello,
I've had this loose connector issue for long time, but it got worse. I used to put a thin paper to make a bit secure. Also I used tiny silicone band to put a bit of pressure (you might laugh at the pic)

I know that the problem is simply the loose contact, and I should replace the MOLEX connector. Does any one here know which parts I need to get, and how it can be replaced?
By richie Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 pm
I'd try to bend the pins a bit down to try and make the contacts have better hold.

It is odd that it is acting like that though.

Simplest thing to do would be to crazy glue it in as it isn't likely that I'd estimate you would need to disconnect that contact board for any given reason.
By JVC Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:52 pm
I removed all the 13-pins and gently pressed each pins to tighten the each pins;
Then I reinstalled the pins to MOLEX case as before (make sure that pin order is correct), and inserted it to the connector. It now works fine (all the 8 buttons and LEDs are now working)!
Using glue on MOLEX connector is absolutely not a good idea...
By JVC Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:26 pm
peterpiper wrote:congrats and thumbs up. You found the root of the problem and fixed it. Although I like creative workaround hacks, the way you fixed it seem to be the only 'correct' solution.
peace

I do like "creative workaround hacks", but I would not apply it, if it is not reversible.