Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By puke Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:43 pm
they do not make an internal zip drive for the standard 2000. you will have to buy an external zip drive with a scsi connection.

i bought a new one fron iomega.com.

peace.

By brainwashcloth Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:05 pm
since he was saying scsi i think he means external. i believe the 250 would work just like a zip100 scsi external does. just set the scsi id to 5 or 7 and plug it in and power them up. be sure to boot the mpc from your os floppy, then try to hit disk and change the device to scsi 5 or 7 whatever you set the zip to be and then see if it will let you format the zip disk.

By Baru Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:09 pm
brainwashcloth wrote: be sure to boot the mpc from your os floppy, then try to hit disk and change the device to scsi 5 or 7 whatever you set the zip to be and then see if it will let you format the zip disk.

could you explain this a bit further please? im new to all this

thanks a LOT!!

By Baru Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:20 pm
basically this is what i need to know:

there are 2 places in the back of the zip drive with outs. one has an on off switch next to it and the other has 5 & 6 on top. which one do i need to connect the mpc to and what are the settings i need? (5 or 6?)

i tried connecting it to the 5/6 output but when i turn on the mpc, it says 250 iomega scsi but it just sorta freezes on that screen. what am i doing wrong?

also when i turn on the mpc how do make it so that i dont need to use the OS from a floppy?

By brainwashcloth Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:26 pm
to not have to boot from the floppy you need to copy the os to the zip once you get the zip working. one step at a time. use 5 for the zip on the scsi id selector switch. i believe mpc uses 6 by default for itself. when you go to the disk screen on the mpc try hitting format to format the zip disk. that is unless you already have it loaded with sounds. actually either way, because if you have used the zip in windows the header block id will be wrong and mpc wont recognize it. start wih a new blank zip and try to format it on the mpc.