Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By AntonGoltermann Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:08 pm
Hello.
I am currently having some problems with my floppy drive in my mpc 2000xl. I have had my unit in about 2 month. Loading and saving worked as it should. One day it would not let my save my beat and i tried many disk so it's not just a bad disk. Now when I try loading up some previous beats on floppy it dosent recognize the format and says "type: ????" But if I take a new floppy disk, format it and save a beat it works. So my problem is that I can't load any of my old beats on floppy but if I make a new beat and save, it works. I have tried changing the disk drive and it is the same. I have tried to format a FAT HD floppy on a PC and that can't be read. When I format a disk from the mpc it says type: MPC2000XL. But that can't be read by the PC. I use OS1.14 on the mpc. Any good ideas?
By Lampdog Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:27 pm
FAT on MPC and computer are not the same.

I used to format on pc, fat, use ONLY 44khz/16bit samples, ONLY 8 character filenames
and I was fine for decades.

Load old pgms, seqs, all individually (no aps) and save to another floppy.
By AntonGoltermann Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:21 am
Thans for replying. You say i have to load my old pgm and seq to another floppy but my problem is that i can't load anything from any of my old disk. So basically all my old work is lost (except for some of the beats I track into my pc)