Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JackBunyan Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:43 pm
Hi guys, been loving my mpc 2000xl for years and think its time for a few upgrades. I am looking to install the EB16fx board and possibly the USB floppy emulator.

If anyone in uk knows of how to get these items cheaper than ebay etc then please let me know !

Also if anyone knows of any way (no matter how expensive) to allow my MPC2000xl to step sequence then please let me know, this is the only thing i wish it had !
By NearTao Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:03 pm
No idea about the EB16fx... but the USB floppy emulator is pretty commodity an item... people reselling for $200 are crazy... if you could source it yourself it's probably $25-35... I've found them on eBay/Amazon/Reverb from time to time for $60-80... with a USB that has some disks on it as well... so depends on how much you value sample sets and a usb stick... personally I have felt the $60-80 range is reasonable if it is already programmed for your device and such... *shrug*
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:39 pm
JackBunyan wrote:Hi guys, been loving my mpc 2000xl for years and think its time for a few upgrades. I am looking to install the EB16fx board and possibly the USB floppy emulator.

If anyone in uk knows of how to get these items cheaper than ebay etc then please let me know !

Also if anyone knows of any way (no matter how expensive) to allow my MPC2000xl to step sequence then please let me know, this is the only thing i wish it had !

For the USB FLOPPY EMULATOR
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=USB+floppy ... nb_sb_noss

I just put an USB Floppy emulator in my MPC 2000XL and it works great. I will turn a 1 USB key into 1000, 1.44 mb floppies. They're super easy to install!
By NearTao Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 pm
I've used up to a 64gb on mine... the real limit is the size of the floppy disks and the number you can have... that looks like a 1000 (000-999) disk model. Assuming you are using 1.44mb disks... and the emulation bumps it to around 2.5 to 3 times the size... so maybe 3mb or so... you're looking at a max size needed of about 4gb or so... unless you're going to use it for backups as well, or storing other files... no reason to go over 8gb in size.
By JackBunyan Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 pm
NearTao wrote:I've used up to a 64gb on mine... the real limit is the size of the floppy disks and the number you can have... that looks like a 1000 (000-999) disk model. Assuming you are using 1.44mb disks... and the emulation bumps it to around 2.5 to 3 times the size... so maybe 3mb or so... you're looking at a max size needed of about 4gb or so... unless you're going to use it for backups as well, or storing other files... no reason to go over 8gb in size.

okay great thank you :)
By richie Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:58 pm
JACKBUNYAN MADE 3 SEPARATE THREADS ABOUT THIS TOPIC OVER THE PAST YEAR.

HE NEVER SEEMS TO PAY ATTENTION TO ANY THE ADVICE GIVEN TO HIM.

HE WAS ALREADY INFORMED OF CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES THAN BEING A SILLY BOY AND INSTALLING A USB FLOPPY EMULATOR IN AN MPC 2000XL.

ANYONE THAT CHOOSES TO INSTALL A FLOPPY EMULATOR AN MPC 2000XL IS RETARDED.
By JackBunyan Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 pm
richie wrote:JACKBUNYAN MADE 3 SEPARATE THREADS ABOUT THIS TOPIC OVER THE PAST YEAR.

HE NEVER SEEMS TO PAY ATTENTION TO ANY THE ADVICE GIVEN TO HIM.

HE WAS ALREADY INFORMED OF CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES THAN BEING A SILLY BOY AND INSTALLING A USB FLOPPY EMULATOR IN AN MPC 2000XL.

ANYONE THAT CHOOSES TO INSTALL A FLOPPY EMULATOR AN MPC 2000XL IS RETARDED.

wow :hmmm: simply not true ? you doing okay bud ?
By richie Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:07 pm
JackBunyan wrote:wow :hmmm: simply not true ? you doing okay bud ?

They're in your post history, so it simply is true.

I know this because I responded to you along with others. Stop being a silly boy.

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192982

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197582
By JackBunyan Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:15 pm
richie wrote:
JackBunyan wrote:wow :hmmm: simply not true ? you doing okay bud ?

They're in your post history, so it simply is true.

I know this because I responded to you along with others. Stop being a silly boy.

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192982

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197582

I wasnt asking about the same thing tho? One was an issue and one was me being curious about using both CFs and floppies ?

you got a problem with me or something ?
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:34 pm
richie wrote:ANYONE THAT CHOOSES TO INSTALL A FLOPPY EMULATOR AN MPC 2000XL IS RETARDED.

I don't agree with that statement at all. Some people use the MPC 2000XL for midi and saving midi data so you don't need 64gig CF or SD card. Some don't need more than 1.44 mb of sounds to create, and they don't want to use floppy anymore. So it really depends on what they want to do and how they work.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:38 pm
NearTao wrote:I've used up to a 64gb on mine... the real limit is the size of the floppy disks and the number you can have... that looks like a 1000 (000-999) disk model. Assuming you are using 1.44mb disks... and the emulation bumps it to around 2.5 to 3 times the size... so maybe 3mb or so... you're looking at a max size needed of about 4gb or so... unless you're going to use it for backups as well, or storing other files... no reason to go over 8gb in size.

What disk model are you using?
By Lampdog Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 pm
richie wasn't being serious. richie is a sarcastic (I am too btw) but very helpful muhfucca imo.